NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

1966 knockoffs

nvstmnt

Bought a great set of knockoffs for my '66 - now need to mask and paint the background to the correct black or gray. Can't seem to find the correct color tone or satin/flat info. Also any suggestions on best product to use would help!

I have a set that I took off my 66 coupe. They are in what I would describe as above average shape. If you'd like to look at them to compare color, etc. I'm located in NE Phx 32nd St. and T-Bird.

I have a set that I took off my 66 coupe. They are in what I would describe as above average shape. If you'd like to look at them to compare color, etc. I'm located in NE Phx 32nd St. and T-Bird.

thx - work downtown phx and drive the 51 - so that could work - around 4-5?

I would check with Eckler's or Mid America if you need to buy correct paint colors. I don't know where you've already looked.

Bromley's Corvettes

GM low gloss black works great. You can get low gloss black engine enamel made by Dupli Color part #DE 1634. Most auto part stores have it and its the same a GM low gloss.

Good info all - thanks. Any thoughts on an easy masking solution? I tend to be a bit of a perfectionsist and want to assure the masking lines are smooth/circular.

thx - work downtown phx and drive the 51 - so that could work - around 4-5?

We probably pass ea other daily. I work at Central and Camelback and do the 51 everyday. Call me at six 0 two five 4 0 two 3 four 2 (cell#). Can't do it tonight unless it's way later.

• 4 weeks later...