NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

99 FRC for under 11 grand!

Quicksilver98

WTF happened to the mufflers? They're cross eyed...

Desertdawg

I would be very afraid of some major damage on that one, brand new paint and most of the body panels don't match any where. and the pipes are cockeyed....

Look closely at the shade of the paint from panel to panel, none of it matches either.... :toetap

Quicksilver98

I noticed the cock-eyed exhaust. Whoever traded it in probably had aftermarket exhaust on it and took it off for the trade. Then they slapped on the original exhaust that was most likely cut and didn't line it up worth a shit. Don't know if its actually crappy paint job on the panels or photo's not giving accurate depiction of the car. I guess if anyones interested they would have to go look at it in person and make a determination. Theres probably a good reason why its that cheap is my guess.

155000 miles on a 1998 car would be the answer. I don't see new paint. I see lots of scratches and chips with a worn interior.

The car could probably be picked up for under 10k. I would think it'd need a long list of things.

Desertdawg

GM never offered pearl white!

And FRC's are not rare.....

Oh yeah, RUN don't walk from that car. It's at arizonamuscle.com - they buy wrecked sport cars and fix them as cheap as possible - with the worst paint job you'll ever see on a car. They take good pictures though - I think that's where they make all of their sales, from out of state buyers that can't see how crappy the car is in person.

My Tech is going to go look at it. Will be getting new Motor/Trans/diff so as long as the body is in good shape he might snag it up.

My Tech is going to go look at it. Will be getting new Motor/Trans/diff so as long as the body is in good shape he might snag it up.

Is there one laying around the shop?

Is there one laying around the shop?

No its all stuff that will get ordered.

It's a very low price and they are reporting 155000 miles. Hopefully, no one would be surprised about anything for $10k.

BTW, what happened to your Viper?

Guest MIKEnSHAY

How do you all know this car has been wrecked and that the shop has done bad business in the past. I am interested in building a car and was going to look at this car tomorrow. I know mothe of pearl is not a factory color but just because it was repainted doesnt make it a bad car does it?

I am asking and not attacking. I am looking for your input to help me make an eduacated purchase.

Thanks

Guest MIKEnSHAY
that car has odometer discrepency and was hit in the right rear.
ch as I can

Do you know personally about this car and the odometer. Like I said I am very interested in building a monster and I want to know as mu

How do you all know this car has been wrecked and that the shop has done bad business in the past. I am interested in building a car and was going to look at this car tomorrow. I know mothe of pearl is not a factory color but just because it was repainted doesnt make it a bad car does it?

I am asking and not attacking. I am looking for your input to help me make an eduacated purchase.

Thanks

When I was shopping for my C4 I found one there that looked AWESOME online. I went there to look at it and it was the biggest piece of crap I'd ever seen. The paint job was literally the worst repaint job I've seen on a car - they didn't even paint inside the indents where the handles are and it looked like they barely masked anything - overspray everywhere. The passenger door didn't open, and they had to jump start it to get it running. It ran like crap and the clutch had no pedal pressure at all. The "sales" guy said "oh, they're all like that - go ahead and put it in gear". So I pushed the clutch in and happily ground the crap out of first gear on the transmission. :smilelol

I found mine for about $2000 cheaper in Vegas and it runs and looks great.

Feel free to go look at this one - and I hope you can get a great deal on it... but be prepared to be disappointed.

Yes car was bought by Mike My tech. There is no way it was hit hard if at all in the rear there is no sub frame damage also no messy repair job. The car was Repainted Caddy pearl White but its in REALLY good shape for its age. Has 155k on it but car runs well doesn't smoke. Its sitting in the parking lot here rite now for 10g's its a good buy has some minor problems but nothing a set of tires and a thermostat and coolant flush wont fix :)

Aw yeah... Time to order some cojones for it!!!

Quicksilver98

Shoot, didn't anyone know about the 500 dollar finders fee? I take check, money order or paypal + 3% of course. :smilelol

sometimes my space bar f's up

That doesn't explain the misspellings, poor grammar, and lack of punctuation.