NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Feasible for more air?

Blk n Blu

Doing my schuduled cleaning of the air intake (Haltech) I noticed the under side was almost perfectly clean. I wondered if it was a possibilty to cut a hole under it to get some fresh air. A couple questions to consider: 1) would it rob air from the cooling system? 2) I'd also be concerned about water ingestion? 3) Possibly a new baffle to keep the water out? 4)Any other advantage?

Picture078-1-1.jpg

This is the area I'm talking about.

Well, Water would be a concern. Also you would be dividing the air that gets to the radiator if that was cut. As to how much hard to say but when you look at the C6 Bottom Feeder style CAI's they block the radiator a slight amount and require the shroud to be cut and they run Hotter so I wouldn't do it.

Yea that was my main concern too, thanks for the input Jason. :thumbs

92ZR1Wannabe
I'm just surprised you didn't use a blue pen in that photo.

I'm still trying to figure out if those rims are actually that bright of blue or if the picture in the sig is photoshop'd.

I'm still trying to figure out if those rims are actually that bright of blue or if the picture in the sig is photoshop'd.

That's the way they are in real life too. :D Seen'em personally.

Yes, my bad Ted. :lol

They look better with the chrome centers, I've had quite a lot of people tell me that they really like them. They are a lot easier to keep clean.