NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

I need a process server

3,503 lbs of trouble

Just like the title says - I need a process server. Anyone have a referral?

as in a person who serves papers? Or a computer server ?

3,503 lbs of trouble
Just like the title says - I need a process server. Anyone have a referral?

as in a person who serves papers? Or a computer server ?

As in "surprise, I'm suing you". Well, not you literally of course. A former employer actually for unpaid wages. Found out today I can sue them for triple what I'm owed. Don't know if that's the best route, but I'm gearing up just in case.

If you sue them in the Justice Court (small claims) in your area the court will have a list of "recommended" process servers. If they're on that list you can just pick one and they're all capable.

Just a hint, you can sue them in your Justice Court precinct or the one where the job was located. Might pay to do it in your area because the Judges are elected and I'm sure you're a registered voter. Just a hint from 23 yrs of experience.

3,503 lbs of trouble
If you sue them in the Justice Court (small claims) in your area the court will have a list of "recommended" process servers.  If they're on that list you can just pick one and they're all capable.
When I called the Mesa court they told me they didn't have a list, and told me to use the Yellow Pages. :rolleyes I located one here in Tempe on the Net. $55.00 for up to five attempts to serve.

Just a hint, you can sue them in your Justice Court precinct or the one where the job was located.  Might pay to do it in your area because the Judges are elected and I'm sure you're a registered voter.  Just a hint from 23 yrs of experience.

I like that piece of advice. Thank you Eddie. I am a registered voter, so I will file in Tempe. I believe I must use the same Justice Court where Dan won his case. So far the place has been good to A.C.E. folks.

So now the question is do file a claim with the AZ Dept of Labor to recover the $2,291.66 I'm owed, sue them in Civil(?) court for the triple amount I'm entitled to, but risk them bringing a lawyer and stalling with appeals if I win, or sue them in small claims for the max limit of $2,500 where they can't bring an attorney and they can't appeal if I win? :banghead

It appears they reported paying me $2,291.66 to the IRS and/or the AZ Dept of Revenue because the wage statement I received from the AZ Dept of Economic Security for my unemployment benefits lists them and shows they paid me that amount, but they never gave me either of the two paychecks they owe me. I have a feeling Uncle Sam is not going to be happy with them for having done that.

3,503 lbs of trouble
You could serve them yourself. That's very satisfying, I can tell you.

Seriously? I did not know that! It actually might be easier because the officers of the company don't keep regular business hours these days for a server to catch them, and I could find a way to catch them while at the office. Plus it would save me $55.00!