Down again for a while...

Bigfoot

Seems to be happening a lot lately. The IPS error is mostly gone, but the "server unavailable or page not found" thing happens a lot anymore. It's like it times out but doesn't even take the time to time out.

Any thoughts admins? It was down for me from at least 4:30ish until 6:15ish.

I know it was down on Sunday morning too. I was training tellers all afternoon and when I came out at about 4pm I couldn't get on.

It was intermittently down most of the day. Really bad from 1230-ish til like 630-ish.

I haven't tried pinging it or anything when it's down but is it just Apache going down or a network issue or is the whole server actually down or..?

What do the logs show? What's this thing running on anyway, FreeBSD / MySQL / Apache ?

I haven't tried pinging it or anything when it's down but is it just Apache going down or a network issue or is the whole server actually down or..?

What do the logs show? What's this thing running on anyway, FreeBSD / MySQL / Apache ?

MYSQL

other wise known as crap.

Server esc172 - Reboot required/ FSCK

April 22, 2009

5:43PM CST

The server requires FSCK to be run on the /home/ partition of the server.

We’ll keep this post updated with the relevant information as we get more details.

UPDATE 6:51PM

The FSCK is still on Pass 1 (Checking inodes, blocks, and sizes)

We’ll keep to post the updates as we get them. Thank you for your patience and understanding.\

UPDATE 7:47PM CST

The FSCK has been completed and server is back online. Please submit a support request if you’re having any issues with the websites.

Thats all I can offer guys! Sorry for the down time.

At least it wasn't our software or something I did!

Wow, that's not good. Sounds like a hard drive may be on it's way out. Hope you have current backups!

FYI: Getting intermittent "Can't connect" errors yesterday and today. After refreshing a few time the page comes up.

I'll do a little checking, anyone else getting the "cannot connect" error?