NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Need opinions about a car

Ted Y

Bromley's Corvettes

Sounds and looks like a great car. Sounds like a good deal with all the mods he has done.

Of course I think the color is right. My only concern would be why it needed a replacement engine at 16k. Maybe that's just when they decided to upgrade? Just thinking....

Guest Kens06

Sweet Lookin ride Ted!!

LS2 w/480+ RWHP!!!!! :thumbs

The price for the mods is EXCELLENT!!

Tim needs a partner that can kick his ass anyway!! :partydance:

Go for it buddy !!

Ken

Well, I don't like the fuel rail covers, or the wheels. That aside, that car looks to be bad ass. I like it a lot. Plus, he's had it for sale since December, maybe he'll strike you a deal.

Smells like a great buy on a beautiful car. I agree on dumping the FRC's. Pretty cheesie but that's the only thing I can see I'd change.

If you have the funds, that is an awesome deal. If it's something you really want I'd jump on it. I don't know if it will last long. The mods alone are worth that kind of money.

Although he mentions vette essentials interior, but all I saw was the center console lid.

Looks like a killer ride Ted, you will have to leave your badge at home when you drive it though.....

Of course I think the color is right. My only concern would be why it needed a replacement engine at 16k. Maybe that's just when they decided to upgrade? Just thinking....

that is the only catch I can think of.

but thoes modes and low milage make it a good value.

id say jump on it. ROAD TRIP!!!!

I sent the seller a list of questions. I'll keep ya posted. I don't suppose it matters why it was replaced. It's replaced. Level V auto, too.

BTW to those in the know. Is 480rwhp N/A car going to be a radical car that isn't driveable? Is it going to be a PIA to maintain with all those mods? I'm guessing it wouldn't make those numbers in this heat and altitude, either.

If this happens, great. If not, there's thousands of great cars for sale these days. One seems to be nicer than the next and every month they get cheaper.

BTW to those in the know. Is 480rwhp N/A car going to be a radical car that isn't driveable? Is it going to be a PIA to maintain with all those mods? I'm guessing it wouldn't make those numbers in this heat and altitude, either.

ill bet that numbers are at sea lvl. AZ result (as a wag) will be in the 435 to 450 range.

if it were me my concerns would be

- auto trany ( factoru is weak and cannot handel above 350hp). confirm it has an rpm lvl 5 unit

- get a sample of engine trany and diff fluids ( if possible) for testing.

- will the stock diff and half shaft support the power.

- be prepaired for the following expenses ; rear tires, upgrade rad, lpm tune, clb , lpm diag testing (leak down testing, plugs, tune up stuff)

and a radar dector. ... oh wait i forgot. you dont drive fast.

pussy :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

chad

Nice and the list only say VE 'Items", not a complete interior, probably similar to Sunnie. It has a 2300 stall so that would help the streetability. I like it but, you really need to say it right Ted...YELLER!!!

As to day to day livability, I can't imagine it being an issue. Other than mine having a lower LSA, I'll be that my cam profile is about the same as the car's, with the difference in power being the difference in cubes. I'm probably down about 30-35 hp on that car and you'll have a bunch more tq. There is nothing other than the lack of mufflers that is unlivable on my car, and I have a 6spd with a 108LSA, both making it less livable. I wouldn't worry about it at all. The auto will be nice, and as to maintenance, it should be no different than any other engine. I can't remember if the list had a catch can on that car, but you may want to put one one it.

To tell the truth, at the 425 that I'm putting to the tires, it's fairly disappointing. It's not as much power as it sounds like it is.

Guest Sidewinder

Ted, I have a small concern about he car and it may be the reason it's still for sale. Gimme a call if ya want. Way to much to type.

Mark

Phone numbers in my sig :rockon2:

Ted, I have a small concern about he car and it may be the reason it's still for sale. Gimme a call if ya want. Way to much to type.

Mark

Phone numbers in my sig :rockon2:

ohthedramaup0.jpg

Marana Rich

Chris, this is listed on additions: RPM Motors 2-stage catch can

Car looks nice, and I am thinking at a reasonable price. Questions I have are:

Why the new engine after 16k unless the old one got broke (or maybe the car has been fixed).

Who builds an engine like this and never races it?

I would buy it, but then I would need a mechanic on duty full time just to take care of it, and I am too far from LPM. Cause I would race it. A lot.

And paint it red!

Due to the engine replacement and since it's in California, check the title for "lemon" designation.

The only other thing I see that it needs is paint. :smilelol

• 2 weeks later...

It's still for sale.

Anyone in the market for a good driving '70 vert with A/C?

wickedfastvette
So did you decide against getting it?

I think he wants it, that's why he's trying to sell his.

I'm up in the air about lots of things. Trying to figure out how to do them all. It's best if I sell the C3 sometime, either now or after. I don't want to give it away but I'm willing to deal.