NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Chrome Hood Liner Buttons

Don&Patty

Since it was so nice out today I decided to do some work on the Vette. Yesterday while shopping at Lowes I remembered a DIY on another forum about putting chrome caps on the under hood liner buttons. I went into the Plumbing department and asked for Faucet Hole Covers and low and behold they had 15 of them. They are 1½ inch O.D. item number 24467. You have to trim about 32nd to a 16th off the hood liner buttons circumference, place them inside the faucet hole covers and bend over the prongs and reinsert back in the hood. Took about ten minutes and less that $20.00.

Here is a final picture of the results, don?t complain about the dirty hood liner I?m going to repaint it tomorrow.

P1010242.jpg

I have to actually clean my car for the grand opening :(

that's the understatement of the decade! :rolf

well at least you have a month to clean it! :leaving

I have to actually clean my car for the grand opening :(

The other day when we were looking at it, I was going to mention I would detail it for exhange on some labor on something I decided to do at a future date.

Let me know.

Phil... :devil

I got ripped off!!

I don't have one of those fuzzy things or anywhere to put the chromie things either??

normal_P2010004.JPG

Oh well, looks great on those that have them!!

Ken

Guest XLR8TNC5
I got ripped off!!

I don't have one of those fuzzy things or anywhere to put the chromie things either??

normal_P2010004.JPG

:eek:eek:eek It's because you don't need them....DROOL DROOL DROOL!

I do like the look though Don and SMitty. Very nice! And you can't beat the price either.

Tanya