Hand Gun

Corvette Kid

Corvette Kid

I know I see them posted on here every now and again....my neighbor is looking to purchase a new or used hand gun...9mm or whatever. He just wants something inexpensive for when he goes camping. Hes afraid of bears....and yes, I already told him to buy a shotgun..lol I told him I would ask on here so here it is.

Guest Kens06

Personally,

Don't get involved!!

If your neighbor has an AZ drivers license, he can go to any gun shop and get a weapon after a backround check!!

I'm not selling a possible felon a weapon to fend off bears......

My .02 but I've had a few beers

Ken

Personally,

Don't get involved!!

If your neighbor has an AZ drivers license, he can go to any gun shop and get a weapon after a backround check!!

I'm not selling a possible felon a weapon to fend off bears......

My .02 but I've had a few beers

Ken

sage advise

No joke that's why if I am worried about an area they may be in the smallest I carry is my .44 mag. 9 mm should piss them off pretty good though.

I don't camp in bear country without at least my SKS. Pistol rounds are for paper, cans, and people. If you're worried about something big, bring a rifle. :rockon2:

A 9mm against a bear... no thanks.

I was thinking the same thing. He must just want to piss the bear off. :lol

Say hello to my little friend.

Awww, you got the 'little' one. It's cute. ;)

Corvette Kid

LOL...That is exactly what I told him....if you want to really piss that bear off shoot him with a 9...then while you are running you can throw the gun at him. LOL. I know him very well, he is not a felon..lol. He is actually a Vice President of a bank.....but a cheap Vice President. (not that that means alot these days) LOL. He is wanting to spend around $300 give or take. I have a new .40 Sig but he didn't want to pay that much.

If he's sure he wants a handgun and not a rifle, he should be able to pick up a Ruger P-series for around that price range at most local gun shops. If he wants to buy from a private party tell him to register here and check the classifieds section:

http://www.arizonashooting.com/v3/

You might as well carry a dull butter knife covered in honey against a bear as carry a 9mm.

You might as well carry a dull butter knife covered in honey against a bear as carry a 9mm.

:lol

• 2 weeks later...

What..you are running and shooting over your shoulder??? Trying to shoot 'em in the knee cap....if I emptied my semi -auto 9 mm clip into the head of a bear..he ain't going no where!!!!

You actually have to be able to shoot though.

Marksmen 38 cal, 9 mm, M16

What..you are running and shooting over your shoulder??? Trying to shoot 'em in the knee cap....if I emptied my semi -auto 9 mm clip into the head of a bear..he ain't going no where!!!!

You actually have to be able to shoot though.

Marksmen 38 cal, 9 mm, M16

9mm generally bounce of the skull of a big bear...I would not even try and chance it.

Even if you're a great shot, and the 9 doesn't bounce of his skull, do you really think if a bear is coming after your a$$, you could empty a clip and hit every shot? If it doesn't start with a 4 ( or 5 :lol ), its not for me.

They say that if you're running from a bear, you're supposed to drop something every now a nd again so the bear will stop to look at it. Me thinks the first item discarded should be your pants. That way, as you crap yourself while running, you automatically leave a trail of things for the bear to investigate.

They say that if you're running from a bear, you're supposed to drop something every now a nd again so the bear will stop to look at it. Me thinks the first item discarded should be your pants. That way, as you crap yourself while running, you automatically leave a trail of things for the bear to investigate.

If you run from a bear, you're stupid.

You're also dinner.

#1. If you run, they see you as prey, and will chase you.

#2. They're faster than you.

Brown bears, play dead. Yes, it will hurt, yes, he will bite, yes, he will pull you to a safe place and 'cache' you, and pee all over you, to come back and eat you later. That's when you get away. Not by running. When you run, they see it as part of the game, and they will have fun, not you. Then you become a snack.

Black bear, fight back. They're smaller than brown bears, so they know that they ain't billy bad ass of the forest, so you have a chance.

.45 is the SMALLEST you should carry when in the bear's neck of the woods.

Just get stationed in Alaska, they'll brief you on all this stuff.

hahahahahaha.

and here's some inspirational imagery you can share with him

Brown%20bear%20with%20gun%20smallest.jpg

Even if you're a great shot, and the 9 doesn't bounce of his skull, do you really think if a bear is coming after your a$$, you could empty a clip and hit every shot? If it doesn't start with a 4 ( or 5 :lol ), its not for me.

:hunter YUP..Let's go bear huntin'

Guest 06yumavette

most of these guys dont know a weapon from a hole in the ground. most of them were in the AIR FORCE... they wouldnt even know which end the bullet comes out of. see pic for what you need when it comes to bears!!! i have access to one of these!!!

just kiddin with the above statement!!!! go air force!!! he he he he he he

SEMPER FI!!!