NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

AZPS02 results ARE IN!

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Guest AZ Power & Sound

But unfortunatly on an 05 GTO automatic :lol:

Car came in fully tuned with headers, exhaust and intake making 358 / 352... only changes were our AZPS02 package and a retune

And the results.... DUN DUN DUN!!!!

421 rwhp / 370 rwtq UNLOCKED !!!!

Yes this is a GTO with IRS which makes less power to the ground then a FBody! This is a solid 63 rwhp gain over the LS6 cam that comes standard in the LS2 meaning a possible 80-100 rwhp gain for LS1 cars!

And to think... this isnt even our BIG cam yet :fire:

azps02ls2graph.jpg

Kind of hard to compare graphs when your's doesn't start till 4250??

Isn't 2000/2500 to red line the normal span??

Especially when comparing a stock to aftermarket cam!!

Ken

Guest AZ Power & Sound

unfortunately this car did not yet have a stall converter at the time of the dyno, and we were having problems with the stock one. This is the lowest we could pull without it downshifting and blowing the tires off the dyno. It will be re-dynoed shortly

Guest XLR8TNC5

Nice, so once you put another stall in it, will it take away or add to the gains? I am just trying to figure out how this whole stall thing works. I know on my car since I have put on a 3200 stall, I was told it takes away from the gains.

Either way, Im impressed with the hp gains, but I was confused about the low tq gains?

Thanks,

Tanya

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Nice, so once you put another stall in it, will it take away or add to the gains? I am just trying to figure out how this whole stall thing works. I know on my car since I have put on a 3200 stall, I was told it takes away from the gains.

Either way, Im impressed with the hp gains, but I was confused about the low tq gains?

Thanks,

Tanya

for most cars, including yours, we can "lock" the converter, which makes a direct connection getting rid of the slip... this measures true torque and horsepower... unfortunatly on the 05 stuff we dont have two way communication yet so we cannot lock the converter... this heavily skews torque and horsepower because there is no direct connection between the engine and transmission! In addition we cannot run it at lower RPMs because it will downshift

I'm handing off the vette to Mike on Monday night and should get it back on Thursday. One of the things he's installing is the AZPS02 Cam. I can't wait to see the results. I'll chime back in thursday. Hopefully w/ a smile on my face.