NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

need help picking exhaust system

sundevil82

not sure what exhaust to get for my 99 vette i have found these ones but not sure what one is better for performance and sound so its between borla, magnaflow, and bassani any info and recomandations would be great.

http://www.performancecenter.com/products/...mber_BOR140038/

http://www.performancecenter.com/products/...umber_BOR14946/

http://www.performancecenter.com/products/...mber_BOR140017/

http://www.performancecenter.com/products/...mber_BAS5797Q5/

http://www.performancecenter.com/products/...umber_MAG15713/

personally i like Corsa (have ever since my first drive in a C5 - and ironically enough, my new C5 has the Corsa Indy exhaust setup)

i also like the sound of Phils GHL exhaust

other than that, i couldn't tell you what some of our other members have - those are just my 2 favorite "screamers"

Guest AZ Power & Sound

I think you should buy your exhaust through me because I can beat those prices :)

The largest power gains are going to come from the GHL, Borla and B&B bullet systems as they dont have to go through the maze of factory style corvette mufflers! Downside is they are also the loudest! I personally prefer the Borla for quality and sound, but the GHL is almost identicle with the B&B being the loudest of the 3... If youre looking for a quieter system and can sacrifice a few ponies, Magnaflow offers an INCREDIBLE system with great looking tips, or you can snag the Corsa, Borla, B&B, GHL, etc... Let me know if I can help anymore :)

I think you should buy your exhaust through me because I can beat those prices :)

The largest power gains are going to come from the GHL, Borla and B&B bullet systems as they dont have to go through the maze of factory style corvette mufflers! Downside is they are also the loudest! I personally prefer the Borla for quality and sound, but the GHL is almost identicle with the B&B being the loudest of the 3... If youre looking for a quieter system and can sacrifice a few ponies, Magnaflow offers an INCREDIBLE system with great looking tips, or you can snag the Corsa, Borla, B&B, GHL, etc... Let me know if I can help anymore :)

Mike,

Your exhaust souds good. If i were to di it all over agian i would go with the borla. I bought my car and it had B&B bullets. I've always been a fan of Borla. Corsa also make a very good product and sound very good. No drone what so ever.

personally i like Corsa (have ever since my first drive in a C5 - and ironically enough, my new C5 has the Corsa Indy exhaust setup)

:withstupid

i will end up buying everything from you i still need to make a trip down there to get the blackwing intake. how much do you sell the borla quad tip systems for ? do you install them also?

3,503 lbs of trouble

The largest power gains are going to come from the ... and B&B bullet systems

If that's the exhaust Tanya has, I say go for the B&B. Performance and it makes a Vette sound like a Vette should. Don't end up with one of those exhausts systems that make your Vette sound like a motorboat when it idles!

Downside is they are also the loudest!

Umm, how is that a downside? It's a Corvette, not Grandma's Buick! :lol

Don't end up with one of those exhausts systems that make your Vette sound like a motorboat when it idles!

With any cat-back system you will have the burble or "motor boat sound" unless you add a X-pipe. We kind of enjoy the motor boat sound...thank you very much! :smilelol

i wont mind the motor boat sound just as long as it sound better then stock i hate driving a vette around and not being able to here it, my honda sounds like it has more power then my vette does at times.

Don't end up with one of those exhausts systems that make your Vette sound like a motorboat when it idles!

always stirring up trouble aren't ya? :toetap

a vette should sould like the owner want's it to sound - and if they like the motorboat "burble" then so be it

Guest Sidewinder

Dude, go to the Pavs and ask to listen to peoples set-ups. That's a great way to hear a bunch of different pipes. Then, go buy the one you want from Mike :thumbs

Guest AZ Power & Sound
i will end up buying everything from you i still need to make a trip down there to get the blackwing intake. how much do you sell the borla quad tip systems for ? do you install them also?

we sell and install them! which system were you looking at? they offer MANY different tip styles... www.borla.com and just snag me the model number! I can usually beat Borlas price by $100-$150

Guest AZ Power & Sound

The largest power gains are going to come from the ... and B&B bullet systems

If that's the exhaust Tanya has, I say go for the B&B. Performance and it makes a Vette sound like a Vette should. Don't end up with one of those exhausts systems that make your Vette sound like a motorboat when it idles!

Downside is they are also the loudest!

Umm, how is that a downside? It's a Corvette, not Grandma's Buick! :lol

I love how tanyas car sounds too! thats a great system, just pricey! Far as the sound goes, the bullet systems pick up a lot of drone due to the resonance created by lack of muffler... Tanyas has cats so most is eliminated, however mine has a decent amount since im catless!

Guest AZ Power & Sound
i wont mind the motor boat sound just as long as it sound better then stock i hate driving a vette around and not being able to here it, my honda sounds like it has more power then my vette does at times.

the Magnaflow system includes an Xpipe... check these out!

15763_lg.jpg

These mufflers are AWESOME for performance and sound and include an X pipe as well!

or

15660_lg.jpg

for quieter sound

These are some of the best made kits available and maintain a decently quiet drive while loud at WOT! But on another note im also a HUGE fan of the Borla systems... While Corsa is great, it has a little too much rasp for my taste and the same goes for the B&B system. B&B bullet is nice though if you dont mind the loud factor!

i have been thinking about getting the magnaflow system i heard one to day the manger at the safeway has a 00 vette with the magnaflow system and it sounds great not to lound but not to quite eitheir. but i will probably go with borla just cause the price difference and its just as good as brand even though it might be a little louder. i have heard what the borla sounds like well i have heard the dual tip on and think it sounds good but not a fan of the dual tip i like the looks of the quad tip systems better. the one i had in mind was part number 140038 its about $400-500 cheaper then the mangaflow

i heard one to day the manger at the safeway has a 00 vette with the magnaflow system and it sounds great not to lound but not to quite eitheir.

what safeway? 67th and beardsley? black coupe?

just checkin - i work for safeway too - but not in the stores

yeah the one at 67th and beardsely but this one was blue the guy that dirves the black one is the main store director the blue one i have never seen it there before i just saw it today and he just got out of his car so i asked him what he had

Guest Sidewinder
i heard one to day the manger at the safeway has a 00 vette with the magnaflow system and it sounds great not to lound but not to quite eitheir.

Do you work outside ringing that little bell? :lol

Do you work outside ringing that little bell? :lol

no bell ringing!!!!!!

i'm a computer geek :leaving

i work at the accounting office :cfdeadagain