NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

I got the call this afternoon!

Eddie44

The guy from the body shop called this afternoon. They wanted me to come out and check the rims I had shipped from Bob's World of Wheels. I asked why and he said he didn't know what they were supposed to look like and just wanted me to see them before they mounted the new tires. I drove out and checked them and they are SWEET!

They are going to detail it and clean it up and it should be done Thursday. I am more than ready to have it back. I got to see it and short of buffing it looks beautiful!

Anyone have SS Inserts they want to part with? They had to take mine off to repaint and they got the plastic replacements. I told them that wouldn't do and they are crediting me so I can go out and buy my own.

Anyway this weekend I should be on the road again in the Vette! :thumbs

:thumbs i knew this was what you were gonna say!

congrats - it's been long enough - but i know the feeling!

snap a few pics when you go check out the wheels.

Can't wait to see it again. Are you going to do the Vette Essentials? You should have racked up a nice rental car bill by now. :rolf

Phil... :devil

3,503 lbs of trouble

The other night I was turning into the 5 & Diner at AZ Mills, when I looked over and saw a black C5 vert with a white top. So I thought to myself, "Wow that looks just like Eddie's car...what are the chances of seeing another black w/ white top". Then I thought "Hey, wait a minute! What if that is Eddie's car that's suppose to be in the shop!?!" So I pulled out and went chasing after it to see if it was Eddie's car. Of course two "grandmas" got between me and the C5, so it took me 'till the I10 on ramp to catch up. Eddie, you will be relieved to know that it was not your C5, lol.

Eddie, you will be relieved to know that it was not your C5, lol.

I was getting a little concerned about how long it was taking and don't think I didn't give that a thought. :huh

Wife and I agreed not to do the VE. We plan to trade up to a C6 in a year or two. I am going to do a MAD set of seat covers or something the first of the year though.

Hey Eddie, Xtreme Motorsports sells & stocks those SS inserts. I was just in there the other day and saw them on their front counter. Sounds like the body shop did a good job on your ride. Hope you get to have some fun with it sometime soon! See Ya...Joe

Guest XLR8TNC5

WOOHOO Eddie! You are going to feel like a new man again with a new car once you get that baby back.

What was the name of that body shop that you used?

Tanya

arent SS inserts like $250.00.... wink wink....

I like the way you think Glenn!

The body shop was Ric's Autobody at 14850 N 83rd Pl in Scottsdale. I'll let everyone know how the final product comes out Thursday when I get it back.

Just talked to the body shop and they've put it off another day :banghead:banghead

I have to admit it's because they're being thorough. When they went to align it they found the passenger side tie rod was bent slightly. They got that done today but they didn't get the gauge bezel until today, so they'll get it on and detail tomorrow.

So far they've replaced the following:

The entire drivers side (both fenders and the entire door)

Both rear tires (I convinced them the pass side was a liability issue)

Both rear rims (which I opted to mod with chrome Z06 rims all around).

The steering wheel (leather sliced by flying glass)

The plastic gauge bezel (which was scratched by flying glass)

Painted the entire vehicle front to back

Windshield (I had my insurance do it since it was extremely sand pitted)

Total is quickly approaching $12K and that doesn't include $3,500 depreciated value and $2k+ in rental even though I've got a daily driver.

I have to say at times they needed a little "convincing" but USAA has been outstanding to work with! :thumbs

Well, the baby's back home! :D At my age I guess you forget how much fun our cars can be in two and a half months.

Paint is beautiful! They detailed it head to toe including the engine. The only thing I can find that needs done is the LF tire sensor isn't working. Body guy said if it didn't work by the time I got home to let him know and he'd order one.

They took the sheepskins off so I now remember how ugly that torn drivers bolster looks. I was going to put them back on when I got home but I think it will "encourage" the wife towards doing the seats. Unfortunately not a VE interior.

It was almost 6:00pm by the time I got it home so I'll take pics tomorrow.

Just took these in the garage

DSC00685.jpg

DSC00684.jpg

DSC00683.jpg

Yaaaaaa. 'bout time. I would have been very depressed to have to wait that long. But now each time you drive it the less you will remember how hard it was to wait. Did you try programming the sensor with the magnet trick? I read about that in a mag. and you have to push some buttons on the dash and hold a magnet to the wheel sensor. Good luck and happy motoring, Robert :drinkers

Yee Haa. Very happy for you Eddie! I know it's been a long wait and I hope it's better than you remember! Can't wait to see it live! :thumbs

Hey, eddie what ever happened with the wheel sensor? Did you try to reprogram it or did they replace it? Ebay has a full set of sensors going for about 110.00. I don't know how to cut and paste the auction here but if your interested I will get the # and post manually. Seeya, Robert :howdy

Hey, eddie what ever happened with the wheel sensor? Did you try to reprogram it or did they replace it? Ebay has a full set of sensors going for about 110.00. I don't know how to cut and paste the auction here but if your interested I will get the # and post manually. Seeya, Robert :howdy

USAA is buying a new one. Ric's ordered it already and has it waiting. They also ordered the pass side rear tire after I explained the liability of them not doing it when they replaced the rim and suspension parts. I'm going to have them do the sensor at the same time they mount the other tire. Thanks for the thought!

I believe it has alredy said, so I'll just add my $.02 - MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

...be lookin for ya in da 'hood. Now that you got yours back, I may be giving them a call to get mine repainted!

Michael

:thumbs