NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Corvettes at Bondurant Event

VenomOnWheels

VenomOnWheels

For you happy Corvette owners here's an opportunity for an exciting weekend of activities on December 8 & 9 at the Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving. Two full days of class instruction, autocross, the drag strip, the Bondurant track, and the FIR West track, plus dinner Saturday evening with 4 Corvette dignitaries, and all for only $250.

"Join Bob Bondurant, Johnny O'Connell, Doug Fehan and Darren Law for a weekend of driving, instruction, and fun as the Corvettes descend on the legendary Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving."

If you don't have the time or money but your car is crying out to attend this event, I'll gladly take it for you. Heck, I might even be willing to wear a bowtie to dinner.

Click Here to go to the Bondurant website for more information.

Posted Image

I very well may be in on this. I can't drive for shit, Lord knows I could use some help. :lol

Will there be in-car instruction as well or just classroom?

Judging from that link, it appears lead and follow is as close to in car instruction as it comes*. Still though, for $250? Great price, IMO.

* I am not responsible for anyone who trusts my infantile reading comprehension skills.

So I just got an email this morning that I was signed up for the class, I was rather confused. Then I found out Cheyenne signed us both up to go as a surprise for me! :partydance: :partydance: :partydance::partygrnhat: :partygrnhat: :thankyou::rockon2::3gears::rockon2::edward: So we are in!!!!

That is awesome!! I'm thinking about it, I love the Bondurant track and that's the whole reason I even bought a Z... but I don't know if I want to waste that much money in brakes and tires. Why can't our tires be free? :banghead

ok im in also just got off the phone with bruce this sounds fun :partydance:

Hey Norman, you you come by the Pro Auto Sports event this weekend, a few of us are taking the vetts for a stretch.

VenomOnWheels

Will there be in-car instruction as well or just classroom?

I got an answer and some additional information:

• There will be no in-car instruction

• There will be no in-car/ride-along instructor demos. An instructor will demonstate the autocross course

• Two (2) people may participate per entry in each event either trading off driving or just riding along

• Bondurant cars are available for rent at $500 per day ($400 rental + $100 insurance)

~Dale

• 2 weeks later...

What are you guys doing for insurance (damage to your own vehicle and liability)? Or are you just living dangerously and running without it?

I have never purchased track insurance. I feel that I my limits are far below what the car can do., or maybe I'm just ignorant. Whats the worst that could happen you kill some cones or drive thru some dirt. :facepalm:

I have never purchased track insurance. I feel that I my limits are far below what the car can do., or maybe I'm just ignorant.

Whats the worst that could happen you kill some cones or drive thru some dirt. :facepalm:

You're running on the track at significant speed with other cars. The worst that could happen is you get tangled up with some jerk who doesn't know how to drive, your car gets totaled, you end up in the hospital, then you get sued, are determined to be at fault and lose everything you own.

If I was running on the track by myself, I wouldn't get insurance. Sharing a track with a bunch of peeps I don't know, I won't run without damage and liability both. Call me paranoid, but I have too much to lose to run without insurance.

Granted Donna, But at all the events I have run cars are not running door to door lap after lap. It's not like a NASCAR race.

You follow as close to the car in front as you feel comfortable. If someone is hugging your back bumper you wave them by.

If I'm on someones bumper trying to pass them. I make sure I don't put myself in a bad spot if they do something stupid.

Here's a example you may recognize a car or two

Posted Image

Granted Donna, But at all the events I have run cars are not running door to door lap after lap. It's not like a NASCAR race.

You follow as close to the car in front as you feel comfortable. If someone is hugging your back bumper you wave them by.

If I'm on someones bumper trying to pass them. I make sure I don't put myself in a bad spot if they do something stupid.

Posted Image

Note to self - waving a car past you = spinning off the track.

Posted Image

Note to self - waving a car past you = spinning off the track.

I wouldnt say that.. I dont think was waving me by(I never saw a wave) In his defense. his car had a trans line come off that day & I think it was prior to this video.

He may have still had alot of oil under the car causing the rear tires to lose grip.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...