NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Corvette clutch Saturday pictures

Big Poppa

For starters, I showed up late, so the guys floundered aimlessly for the three hours before I got there. But at least teh beer drinking hadn't taken swing yet. At the end of the day, we decided to not put it all back together as teh output shaft on the drivers side of the diff felt a bit loose... Better safe than sorry, but here's the pics on the day...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

You can see the lift under the car... We just sorta didn't use it.

u guys are crazy. No one could pay me enough to do a vette clutch on the ground.

You're a Vette pro, maybe you can shed some light on the concern we had. The shaft on the passenger side of the differential is tight, but the driver's side shaft had some wiggle room to it, when you grab the end and move it back & forth. Is that normal/ok or is something wrong in the diff?

There was a lot of stroking the shaft. And whacking it. And jacking it.

Guest SVURMNY

wow that does not look fun!

Hello!! Nice ZO6!! how did you put it on your replys like that? Kool Ima new member and want my car in the middle LOL Thanks Alot!!!!

wow that does not look fun!

Hello!! Nice ZO6!! how did you put it on your replys like that? Kool Ima new member and want my car in the middle LOL Thanks Alot!!!!

You need to add a signature. Go to modify your signature and upload a pic.

BTW that's an FRC (predecessor to Z06). There was no 99 Z06.

u guys are crazy. No one could pay me enough to do a vette clutch on the ground.

You're a Vette pro, maybe you can shed some light on the concern we had. The shaft on the passenger side of the differential is tight, but the driver's side shaft had some wiggle room to it, when you grab the end and move it back & forth. Is that normal/ok or is something wrong in the diff?

Its normal to have a little bit of movement but its hard to say without seeing it.

fourseventeen

You guys take that thing offroading!? My 4x4 truck engine isnt even that dirty holy smokes

Holy Dirty Engine bay !!!! ...... :eek

Posted Image

He got a pretty hard time about it, told him it was dirtier than Eddie's! :smilelol Of course Eddie solved the problem by buying a new car :smilelol

WOW! Looks like fun...with all those bodies under the car I can safely say that engine bay would not look like that had I been able to make it. LOL! Good luck with the completion and the shaft play issue...might not hurt to replace the U-joints while you're in there. Good one Jim! :funnypost:

I know, I know. I've neglected the engine compartment. Give me a break though, it's my DD & my work is surrounded by dirt lots on 3 sides. Sometimes I can't help but blow off steam by doing donuts in the lots. Lol. j/k

He got a pretty hard time about it, told him it was dirtier than Eddie's! :smilelol Of course Eddie solved the problem by buying a new car :smilelol

My dad used to say he traded cars when the ashtray got full. I don't smoke so it has to be when the engine turns brown.

Some of you don't know what it's like to keep a daily driver clean. Mine wouldn't get dirty either if I kept it in an inflatible bubble in my garage like someone we all know.