C4 Ferrari

Eddie44

If I can't afford a real one, then I can't afford or want to afford a fake one :bs . I just hate it when "faking it" occurs! :smilelol

If I can't afford a real one, then I can't afford or want to afford a fake one :bs . I just hate it when "faking it" occurs! :smilelol

Not to mention , its ugly as hell!

Harley Earl, Zora Duntov and Enzo Ferrari are all spinning in their graves.

The only ones that could like that car are ......

miami_vice1.jpg

Harley Earl, Zora Duntov and Enzo Ferrari are all spinning in their graves.

The only ones that could like that car are ......

miami_vice1.jpg

how do you figure - they had the maserati converted corvette - not the ferrari

No -- the first one was a black Ferrari Daytona Spyder, but it was on a Corvette chassis.

"Crockett's Daytona Spyder was actually a look-alike replica, built using a 1980 Corvette chassis with Ferrari-designed body panels and real Ferrari hardware inside.

By the start of the third season, Ferrari executives were getting miffed that the ersatz Daytona was gathering so much attention. The television audience was unaware that the show cars were fake. Ferrari North America offered to provide two bona-fide Ferraris for Miami Vice, and they chose their flagship model, the 12-cylinder muscle machine, the Testarossa.

Two show cars were provided by Ferrari North America and were originally delivered black, but were later repainted white for better contrast at night. In addition, a stunt car was created by the Roberts Motor Co. by beefing up a 1972 DeTomaso Pantera chassis with salvaged Testarossa body parts.[12] The mid-engined Pantera replicated the Ferrari much closer than the Corvettes which were used to create the Daytona look-alikes.

---- http://www.ferrariclub.com/faq/miamivice.html

3,503 lbs of trouble

Gee, had they not stated it was actually an '84 Vette in the auction listing, I would have NEVER known it was not authentic! rolleyes5.gif

Clone body kits - what a great way to spend a lot of money to look totally retarded. WTF do people think?

Guest Sidewinder

No -- the first one was a black Ferrari Daytona Spyder, but it was on a Corvette chassis.

"Crockett's Daytona Spyder was actually a look-alike replica, built using a 1980 Corvette chassis with Ferrari-designed body panels and real Ferrari hardware inside.

By the start of the third season, Ferrari executives were getting miffed that the ersatz Daytona was gathering so much attention. The television audience was unaware that the show cars were fake. Ferrari North America offered to provide two bona-fide Ferraris for Miami Vice, and they chose their flagship model, the 12-cylinder muscle machine, the Testarossa.

Two show cars were provided by Ferrari North America and were originally delivered black, but were later repainted white for better contrast at night. In addition, a stunt car was created by the Roberts Motor Co. by beefing up a 1972 DeTomaso Pantera chassis with salvaged Testarossa body parts.[12] The mid-engined Pantera replicated the Ferrari much closer than the Corvettes which were used to create the Daytona look-alikes.

---- http://www.ferrariclub.com/faq/miamivice.html

The "stunt" Testa had a 351 cleveland w/nitrous, before it became naawwws :smilelol