• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• F22trainer

• Bigfoot

• anmracing2

• Desertdawg

Well, it DID start....

But we couldn't get it smoothed out. According to Joe, it's probably both timing and rocker adjustment. It's at Classic now and Joe says it will be no problem to get it running right again. Doesn't sound serious.

I want to let everyone know that I cannot thank you enough for all the assistance and moral support. Especially Andrew & Melissa who gave so much time and effort and offered rides to get me to work, etc. and Tim, Robert and Chad for all their blood sweat and tears as well. I'm very lucky to have had such good people step up to help me.

I'll post again when I find out from Joe when and what we did wrong.

stay tuned...

Michael

Well, it DID start....

But we couldn't get it smoothed out. According to Joe, it's probably both timing and rocker adjustment. It's at Classic now and Joe says it will be no problem to get it running right again. Doesn't sound serious.

I want to let everyone know that I cannot thank you enough for all the assistance and moral support. Especially Andrew & Melissa who gave so much time and effort and offered rides to get me to work, etc. and Tim, Robert and Chad for all their blood sweat and tears as well. I'm very lucky to have had such good people step up to help me.

stay tuned...

Michael

We didn't do anything wrong, the motor just didn't like the new oil!!! :lol Hope it'e an easy fix!

Well, it DID start....

stay tuned...

Michael

We didn't do anything wrong, the motor just didn't like the new oil!!! :lol Hope it'e an easy fix!

:smilelol:smilelol

THANks for the laugh Tim - you always know what to say!

I didn't really want to take the valve covers off again but Chad and I were thinking the same thing. It started though and that is a good thing.

Andrew

So, Michael, do we have a verdict? And will you have her back this weekend?

FWIW, you never saw three more bummed guys than Weds night at 10 or so when they decided to back away. Andrew thinks he's jinxed now....

Keeping fingers crossed for a good and quick outcome from Joe.

M~

FWIW, you never saw three more bummed guys than Weds night at 10 or so when they decided to back away. Andrew thinks he's jinxed now....

M~

Just got a call from Joe:

"she's purring like a kitten!"

He said he won't quite get it totally put back together and has a few tweaks to do as well, So I will pick it up Monday morning.

There was a serious vacuum leak and the rockers were too tight...after that problem solved.

ALL IS WELL...I know you were all bummed, but you did all you couldand I'm proud to say I had your help. SOmetimes backing off is not a bad thing...any pilot will tell you that - cops too!

YIPPPPEEEEE!!!!

Michael

Very good to hear.

I :clap :clap :clap all that helped you. M~ they have nothing to be ashamed of. Through their help they saved Michael a ton of money. A little tuning by Joe is waaaaaay cheaper than had it gone in for all that work. You guys...and gal...should be very proud of what you did. :clap

M~

I would second that M! I was there Wed night for moral support but Chad, Andrew and Michael worked the azzes off. We've all learned something out of this. As Sean said, it saved Michael a ton of $$ over him having to send it to a shop. Everyone involved should be proud and know you did good!

M~

Just got a call from Joe:

"she's purring like a kitten!"

He said he won't quite get it totally put back together and has a few tweaks to do as well, So I will pick it up Monday morning.

There was a serious vacuum leak and the rockers were too tight...after that problem solved.

ALL IS WELL...I know you were all bummed, but you did all you couldand I'm proud to say I had your help. SOmetimes backing off is not a bad thing...any pilot will tell you that - cops too!

YIPPPPEEEEE!!!!

Michael

good to hear.

please do find out where the vaccume was. Inquiring minds want to know.

Glad it's GTG, but bummed about the rockers. :banghead At least it didn't hurt anything. :thumbs Robert :burnout

don't be bummed Robert...from what Joe said - it's a finess thing, can't go by the manual.

Vac leak was nowhere we were...probably happened during dissembly without knowing.

I'm happy to see you undertook the project Micheal.

Being the cheapskate that I am, I have always tried to do my own work.

M~

Forgot to mention one more thing of major interest:

The timing - it was almost dead on, said Joe. Andrew & Chad take a bow.

:partydance::partydance:

Glad it's GTG, but bummed about the rockers. :banghead At least it didn't hurt anything. :thumbs Robert :burnout

don't be bummed Robert...from what Joe said - it's a finess thing, can't go by the manual.

Vac leak was nowhere we were...probably happened during dissembly without knowing.

yea but WHERE....

I am dying to know what hose was unplugged, or plastic doo dad was broken.

glad to hear the injectors were not bad ($$$$$$)

thx

Michael,

YAY!!!

So glad to hear she will be back on the road Monday-and that the fix was not big. I am sure Andrew will be happy to hear about the timing too! You guys all worked so hard and it was a downer not to just be able to fire her up like a charm (it never seems to go that way, but you forget each time). You should be proud of tearing into that motor like you did and being able to get it all back together without extra pieces.

Michael, Tim, Chad, Andrew and Robert, you guys rock!! :rockon2:

M~

yea but WHERE....

I am dying to know what hose was unplugged, or plastic doo dad was broken.

glad to hear the injectors were not bad ($$$$$$)

thx

...said it was up front near the vapor cannister. I'll find out today

for sure

As of this morning, F22 trainer is back in action.

She's real smooth too.

Many thanks to Joe and the crew at Classic - as always, job well done. The love Corvettes and it shows.

And again I can't thank all of you enough for helping me get through this.

Guess you can close the thread now Dawg....did pretty good with over 1500 views - wouldn't you say?