It’s finally happening!

aenigma

1 hour ago, Dave64 said:

Congratulations on the improvements.   A/C in the garage sure does change one's life here in AZ.  Mine has definitely made life much more enjoyable.

Its so dang hot that it’s not enjoyable to be anywhere in the summer not in AC. 

It’s going to be nice to not feel like passing out after doing car stuff. 

Gas line puncturing during construction went on last night while we were at the movies with our phones on silent. Our awesome superintendent called the fire dept immediately. They brought cops and paramedics. By the time I looked at my phone an hour and a half later to see the message from the police, everyone had taken care of their stuff and the city was moving the gas line. It was scheduled to be moved today, but they figured might as well last night since they were already on scene. Saved a day to our construction. 

I won’t lie. Speeding home at the mercy of Lonnie’s drag style driving and a punctured house gas line and voice mail from the police and not knowing what we were going to get home to was a little scary. 

The super took a picture and sent it to me just to let me know everything was ok. 😂

9176DE1F-863B-47B3-85F7-D9029AA40ED7.jpeg

NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT!!!

this kinda stuff happens all the time. 😳

😲

SLAMMER😎

• 2 weeks later...

Getting there. After a few storm snafus, project is still going and should be done in a couple weeks.  It’s huge inside. 

We’re still deciding on epoxy and cabinets and paint.  

Unfortunately it is too close to drag week to wait until it’s finished to work on the camaro,  so we’ve cancelled our drag week for this year. We’ll get ’em next year. I’m bummed about that. 

B99E4464-9536-4866-9C03-3745C1A6A9A8.jpeg

32 minutes ago, JohnU said:

To have that much room only comes in our dreams!!!!    👍

:withstupid   That is going to be AWESOME when it's done!

• Upvote 1

You really can’t tell from the outside which is the look we were going for. It just looks like a 2 car garage. 

Although it's sad to miss drag week, what you have now is far better to make next year's drag week more enjoyable. Looking good. :thumbs

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, HOXXOH said:

Although it's sad to miss drag week, what you have now is far better to make next year's drag week more enjoyable. Looking good. :thumbs

We might actually make it past the first 20 minutes next year. 😂

It’s looking good.

Time to start planning the decor and ordering the Vette automobilia. :P

5 hours ago, 1jester said:

I say we have a garage Mahal party. 🍺

2 hours ago, NativeAz said:

It’s looking good.

Time to start planning the decor and ordering the Vette automobilia. :P

We have the paint ready to do ourselves and Lonnie is picking out the epoxy. 

Once it’s done and the cars and tools are back from the various locations throughout the valley, we are going to try to put a barbecue together for ACE.

I just have to figure out the parking logistics too. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TheCMSH said:

When does the garage door go in?  I just want to know how much time I have.......

😂😂😂😂😂

46 minutes ago, SixAddict said:

The progress looks great, will spaces be available for lease or rent? :lol

Well....yesterday I was figuring out that I can get a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and a decent size living room in there. 😂

As I was saying that, I was getting the stink eye from my husband. 

Drywalled today.  It’s going fast now. 

89312D9E-1693-44AF-BF48-82E977ABF997.jpeg

56EF036A-EDAF-43D7-8011-C15DC2ED9ED9.jpeg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, aenigma said:

Well....yesterday I was figuring out that I can get a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and a decent size living room in there. 😂

As well you should!!!  :huh

After spending all yesterday painting the interior ourselves in 106 degree heat, we decided we don’t like the color. I’m waiting to hear back from the contractor on a cost to repaint. It is mind numbing to think that people work in the heat of summer. Definitely worthy of a whole lot of respect. 

Our foreman let us know the job should be done by this weekend. Lonnie picked out an epoxy that’ll be done next Friday. 

It’s exciting to see it come together. 

16A6A502-B945-4DCE-8A19-D9D49436E03E.jpeg

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:11 PM, aenigma said:

Drywalled today.  It’s going fast now. 

89312D9E-1693-44AF-BF48-82E977ABF997.jpeg

56EF036A-EDAF-43D7-8011-C15DC2ED9ED9.jpeg

Must be the project safety inspector with the flip flops and the shorts?

12 hours ago, aenigma said:

After spending all yesterday painting the interior ourselves in 106 degree heat, we decided we don’t like the color. I’m waiting to hear back from the contractor on a cost to repaint. It is mind numbing to think that people work in the heat of summer. Definitely worthy of a whole lot of respect. 

Our foreman let us know the job should be done by this weekend. Lonnie picked out an epoxy that’ll be done next Friday. 

It’s exciting to see it come together. 

16A6A502-B945-4DCE-8A19-D9D49436E03E.jpeg

Well it looks like you're going "white" and there's only a few hundred shades of "white" to choose from, white is the most frustrating "color"; they all look the same until you put them on the wall and then damn they look different. 

Get a sample of your floor epoxy if you can, trying to select wall color without basing off it that is spinning your wheels.  The light levels in the room are going to drastically change once the floor protection comes off and the epoxy goes down.  This will affect the appearance of the wall color immensely

I know you don't want to final paint over that epoxy, but I'd really put off a repaint of the walls until you can compare it to the epoxy applied to the floor.  You might find once the epoxy goes on that the current color might work

24 minutes ago, TheCMSH said:

I'd really put off a repaint of the walls until you can compare it to the epoxy applied to the floor.  You might find once the epoxy goes on that the current color might work

This!  👍