Criminal Speeding Ticket

VetVixn

On February 10, 2016 at 8:04 AM, Chameleon said:

FYI - 85 mph is the maximum speed in Arizona per statute. That law is why being over 85 made it a class 3 misdemeanor.   

This is what made it a misdemeanor.....

28-701.02.  Excessive speeds; classification

A. A person shall not:

1. Exceed thirty-five miles per hour approaching a school crossing.

2. Exceed the posted speed limit in a business or residential district by more than twenty miles per hour, or if no speed limit is posted, exceed forty-five miles per hour.

3. Exceed eighty-five miles per hour in other locations.

B. A person who violates subsection A of this section is guilty of a class 3 misdemeanor. 

C. A person charged with a violation of this section may not be issued a civil complaint for a violation of section 28-701 if the civil complaint alleges a violation arising out of the same circumstances.

• 3 weeks later...

I was busted on the US60 going east at Val Vista going 93 cited me at 90. Huge break as it turned out. When he appeared drivers side window which was open he reached it to grab the keys but couldn't reach ! He fumbled his way out of the window and asked for the keys not saying a word other than hand me the keys. 

Judge allowed me to go to traffic school. 

When everyone was out of the courtroom he looked at me and said, "Man if you crash at those speeds you won't make it."

I chilled out for awhile but I can't help myself sometimes. 

• 1 month later...

Hey Dean. Sorry man I rarely ever log on to ACE and read threads. These days I drive very carefully. Last August I bought a 2004 Z06. I still have the C4 and plan on installing new carpet and sound/heat barrier. 

• 1 year later...
chadmac99c5

Man, I'm glad I didn't get caught while I lived there!!!   I did 160mph on the 303 a few times.

On 4/4/2018 at 2:13 PM, chadmac99c5 said:

Man, I'm glad I didn't get caught while I lived there!!!   I did 160mph on the 303 a few times.

No matter what speed is shown on the speedometer photos I post, there is never any location given. There is a reason for that.

^ Thus the phrase, "it happened driving in Mexico". Your advice is spot on. The Internet's memory  is forever unfortunately as the data compilers at Google and Wastebook have recently revealed!

scottcolbath

My worst ticket could have been 114 in a 65. on the Busa. But the cop wrote up me and my buddy for 83 in a 65. He was very cool about the situation. The whole day was filled with road crime. It's no surprise we ended up getting caught.

team_building%20034-XL.jpg

145mph-L.jpg

S.C.