Back Under the Knife

LastC3

Finally ..... going back in the car .....

Ready for the motor .....

Posted Image

Getting Oil Pressure up ........

Posted Image

Posted Image

She's IN !!!! :partydance:

Posted Image

Next week get everything buttoned up .... Exhaust done (gonna need those 02 sensors) new ECM installed and programmed ..... hopefully fire it up by the end of the week !!!

• 4 weeks later...

The new motor lives !!! got the new ECM installed and programed .... briefly fired it off .... didn;'t want to run it until we get the O2 sensors in the mix .... its on the rack this week for the exhaust build and the rear end work done .... taking a bit longer to get done then hoped for, but the shop has been so busy, its tuff to get rack time .... but gotta take care of the customers first ya know .... more info soon ......

• 4 weeks later...

Well ... I thought an update should be in order .....

so after some additional work in the rear ......

Posted Image

Posted Image

and exhaust work

Posted Image

which means no more ugly pipes underneath the rear axle .....

Posted Image

The C3 is back at home .....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And with a little help from my friends ((( THX A BIG BUNCH to Jim & Tom for coming out to make certain my TBs and TPS were where they needed to be .... and a little idle tuning ))) we will begin the long process of getting this thing running like I know it can ....... BIG learning curve here ... with lots of challenges .... but looking forward to some fresh results weekly ...

Will update when we get it where we can bring it out for your viewing and listening pleasure .... (( yeah .... its loud and obnoxious )):partydance:

Bromley's Corvettes

Is that true dual exhaust on a 82 you cant do that j/k lol. Thats way better then the set up you had. Do you have some pix from underneath?

Well ... I thought an update should be in order .....

so after some additional work in the rear ......

Posted Image

Posted Image

and exhaust work

Posted Image

which means no more ugly pipes underneath the rear axle .....

Posted Image

The C3 is back at home .....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And with a little help from my friends ((( THX A BIG BUNCH to Jim & Tom for coming out to make certain my TBs and TPS were where they needed to be .... and a little idle tuning ))) we will begin the long process of getting this thing running like I know it can ....... BIG learning curve here ... with lots of challenges .... but looking forward to some fresh results weekly ...

Will update when we get it where we can bring it out for your viewing and listening pleasure .... (( yeah .... its loud and obnoxious )):partydance:

Thanks and no problem Hal, we always try to help when we can. Besides, it was cool to hear the new motor which btw sounds pretty nice and strong, not your average sounding CF. :edward: It should run pretty good once the tune is squared away. Those pipes are different and loud as F&%#! :thumbs

Tuning .... what an adventure ..... hats off to the guys who do this (probably cause they know what they're doing ...hehehe)

As I have been well informed .... the cam we used is going to give us problems getting it up to speed .... Oh Yeah !!! Helping the ECM (or fooling it) to understand this set up is amazing ...... bottom line .... it's still air, fuel and spark ..... getting it all in line .... another issue ....

Working on the third .bin with a rather rich combo .... and getting my head out of the way (biggest problem) and giving the motor what it wants .... the most difficult ...

did a short run today .... and getting to the point where it's responding fairly well .... it likes lots of fuel .... and not so much timing ..... so staying on the rich side. Some lean pops through the TBs requires more secure connections of the intake lid and vac connections ..... its like letting the monster out of the bag ... Posted Image

Am enjoying the challenge ..... and will have more to report in the next few days ........ Posted Image

Tuning .... what an adventure ..... hats off to the guys who do this (probably cause they know what they're doing ...hehehe)

As I have been well informed .... the cam we used is going to give us problems getting it up to speed .... Oh Yeah !!! Helping the ECM (or fooling it) to understand this set up is amazing ...... bottom line .... it's still air, fuel and spark ..... getting it all in line .... another issue ....

Working on the third .bin with a rather rich combo .... and getting my head out of the way (biggest problem) and giving the motor what it wants .... the most difficult ...

did a short run today .... and getting to the point where it's responding fairly well .... it likes lots of fuel .... and not so much timing ..... so staying on the rich side. Some lean pops through the TBs requires more secure connections of the intake lid and vac connections ..... its like letting the monster out of the bag ... Posted Image

Am enjoying the challenge ..... and will have more to report in the next few days ........ Posted Image

Only your third .BIN!? I've lost count long ago on how many .BIN changes I've made since I started mine, sometimes a dozen or two a day. Like I said before Hal, "Welcome to the Dark Side"! :edward::devil10: The huge difference between what we are doing you included and the guys that are tuning C5s and C6s are doing is they are using what GM engineers came up with to run right off the showroom floor and then just tweak a few tables a bit and call it magic. Our tunes are entirely from scratch setting ALL the table values and constants since there is no one magic tune for each motor we have. That's why my .BIN won't work in your motor, but might be a closer match to say Jim's motor, but still not right by a long shot. At some point, our goal is to have a dialed-in tune for a certain package and go from there. Glad to see that you are making headway. :rockon2:

Thought I'd share a little noise while working on the C3

Linky

Did mess around with it this weekend Hal?

not much .... had a bit of an explosion in the intake ... and have to take care of a couple of lid bolts ..... (( hehehehe ))

off to Denver tomorrow .... so won't have any update till later next week ....... (( this is so damn fun !!! )) Posted Image

explosion in the intake

Did you go way lean playing and have a lean pop? :facepalm:

explosion in the intake

i did ...... Posted ImagePosted Image

well ... kinda .... got a slight pop during fuel adjustment .... it was enough to blow off the vac connect on the TB (will be wire tying those) then got a major ka-plewy !!! Posted Image

explosion in the intake

i did ...... Posted ImagePosted Image

well ... kinda .... got a slight pop during fuel adjustment .... it was enough to blow off the vac connect on the TB (will be wire tying those) then got a major ka-plewy !!! Posted Image

Watch that Hal, that can ruin your day of tuning, but you already found that out. :jd Small increment adjustments works best, watch the A/F and see what it's doing before making that cell(s) change.

Got mine all back together. :partydance:

Posted Image

Desertdawg

Thats what I loved about the crossfire, it's all parts, now plastic covers to hide everything... arrgh arrgh arrrgh.... +1 for the man card!

Nice bit of ear candy!

It grinds me a bit to not have a sound recording of my Duster ..that 440 sounded like it would blow a toyota over on it's side when I revved it a bit at a stoplight :)

Posted Image

Your car has a similar personality :)

Just frik-kin DROWN out a fart cart next to it :)

I love it :)

-Frank aka GE