NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Fess Up - Your Childhood Nickname

jstrutt

This should be fun. :yesnod:yesnod Every kid had a nickname when he/she was growing up. What was your nickname up to the age of 13?

I started this topic so I'll begin.

My dad always called me "Sambo". Why, God only knows but it was better then Sue.

I think mine was smart ass. After that it changed to Norton the plumber. The short version was just norton. The norton came from the Jackie Gleason show. Art Carney was Norton the sewer worker. :yesnod All of my race cars had Norton painted on them some place.

Bip ....Rowan and Martins movie "The Maltese Bippy".....sat in gum @ the theater and the rest was history...great friends I had back then! :hunter:smilelol

Robert and Elizabeth

For Robert, his parents called him "Bobby". Even when he was over 30, it was Bobby.

For me, my parents called me "Lizzy". It was "College girl" at school because from a very young age, I always wanted to be a doctor.

Phill's Vette

Grasshopper - because I looked like a grasshopper when I played volleyball or squatted down...

Killer....because in my hot rod days, everything was 'killer'...

Then, later, after many electrical problems in just about everything I drove...then it was 'sparky'....

:leaving

I was hoping to avoid this thread, but someday, someone will be around when my mother is and the cat will be out of the bag anyway..."Bugger"She still calls me this, only because I was a little 'bugger' when I was a young 'un. I suppose some things never change... now where's that squirt gun? :lol

Jesus Christ
I thought it was "dammit"?-Jello puddin pop :smilelol

:smilelol I, like Mark evidently, grew up answering to "Dumbass" or "What in the name of #*&%?" moreso than my actual name. :thumbs

These days the wife prefers to call me "a--hole."

Nickname: most commonly, even today, is "Dino" like the Flinstone's pet or that black-belt lush Dean Martin's nickname. There was also a brief moment in the 70's, when the "Gong Show" was a hit with Mean Gene the Dancin' Machine...

....but he danced much better, so that didn't stick. :chris

Guest beemer2k

My close family friend would call me Hippity Hop (probably because I was hyper).

Now I mostly respond to a$$h*#! as well as a slew of other rather colorful names...

come to think of it I don't remember the last time someone called me by my given name... what the heck is my name?

-'Hey Jack A$$'

Francis and if any of you ever call me that, I'll kill ya. - Full Metal Jacket

Went through a nickname with just about everybody. Booboo, Flip, Quarter, and my volleyball nickname "The Ablockalypse" (too bad that doesn't fit on a license plate)

Now it is honey and papa.

What's wrong with Francis. Karen is adopted and her original name was Margaret Francis Holmgren. It's sort of sexy.... :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

Disco Dan...though I was born in '74, I have 4 older brothers (who wore lots of bell bottoms) and often played and spun lots of disco records growing up on Long Island, NY... I still love disco except now it's played via MP3's and Sirius 37-The Strobe.

However in high school (early 90's - again on long island, NY) afros came back in style and I became 'Fro Master D. On my license it said Height: 5'8" / 6'4" with 'fro.

mrs-bigfoot

The Polish side of the family still calls me Stacia (like Stosha). I know I'm going to regret admitting this one, but from age 14 through high school my nickname was Tasty.

What's wrong with Francis. Karen is adopted and her original name was Margaret Francis Holmgren. It's sort of sexy.... :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

Margaret Francis..... Sounds like you're married to a nun :lol

With a last name like Catlett you can only imagine the various nicknames kids come up with..... catfish, catshit, cat let one, etc.

As a cop most of my partners and close friends knew me as fast eddie. I can't imagine why??? :D

Margaret Francis..... Sounds like you're married to a nun :lol

Sometimes I think I am. You know, one of those fantasy kicks, like a housemaid. j/k :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol Think of what I got with a last name Strutt................ :banghead:banghead

mrs-bigfoot
"Every kid had a nickname when he/she was growing up."

Nope, never had one."

That's not entirely true, when he was getting teased it was "Sean, Sean, the Leprechaun" :lol