OVERHEATING and sputtering

v3tte

2 weeks ago I noticed that my car was sputtering when accelerating and a few days later my car over heated!!

I took it to the shop this week (earliest they could get me in) and found the following issues:

Over heating was caused by a bag that got caught up in my radiator. My advice is check your radiator if the car overheats!!

Sputtering was caused  by my headers melting my rear O2 extensions. I just had the shop remove them and  tune out the CEL that would have come up.

I hope this helps people in the future :)

-Michael

I was dodging plastic bags the other day going down Glendale Ave. Why can't people throw their trash away. :banghead 

1 hour ago, Bigfoot said:

Why can't people throw their trash away. :banghead 

Because we don't know what we'd do without you?   :hide:

insatiableOne

yep the brake rotors like bags also. 

I swirved one, the dodge behind me ran it over like a tough guy..was saying .....just wait.

scottcolbath

I posted this before. This all came out of my radiator. The car instantly ran 10-20 degrees cooler. I knew to periodically clean it, but I put it off on a few occasions. And this is the result.

IMG_20170408_130650801-XL.jpg

On 8/19/2017 at 6:34 PM, scottcolbath said:

I posted this before. This all came out of my radiator. The car instantly ran 10-20 degrees cooler. I knew to periodically clean it, but I put it off on a few occasions. And this is the result.

IMG_20170408_130650801-XL.jpg

How did you get all of that derbies out?  

Ive found the biggest impact of cleaning the radiator and condenser is the air conditioning cools off a hot interior much faster. most people never know they had a problem with airflow until after the cleaning.

scottcolbath
On 8/22/2017 at 10:20 AM, v3tte said:

How did you get all of that derbies out?  

A couple of small paint brushes. One with a 45 degree angle. Compressed air from the backside. Oh, and safety glasses,  because it's going to rain all that shit down on your face. :)

S.C.