Window Tinting - Installers and Film Types

German

I've put it off too long and summer is here in all its glory - gotta tint the windows (C7)!

Does anyone have any recommendations for a great installer? Scottsdale area would be great, but driving anywhere in the Valley is no hardship in the Corvette :) so I'll go wherever.

On a related theme, my Internet searches indicate that either Llumar Formula One or 3M Crystalline tint are likely the best choices for UV/heat protection, especially because I prefer a light shade of tint. Any experience with these, or alternative recommendations? Thanks!

German,  

I used Llumar Air80 in mine.  Light tint with large protection numbers.  

This is what I had put on my 2006 coupe around 2011.

This is the shop that did the work. Don't know if they're still around or not but, haven't ever had a problem with it. They're up by the Scottsdale airport.   http://www.arizonacars.biz

Thank you for your interest in the 3M line of window tint for your Corvette! We've done quite a few Corvettes over the past 11 years, so rest assured, your "baby" will be taken care of!

If you are truly looking for the best heat rejection but also the most amount of light, then there is only 1 choice - 3M Crystalline 70%, it blocks out 60% of the heat, 99% of UV, 97% of IR and you can't tell it's on your car...yes you can also do your windshield if you like. The do make it darker...down to AZ legal or 40% which blocks an additional 10% heat.

3M Crystalline - 2dr Vehicle 

X2 for Shane.  Has done both tint and clear bra on a number of my vehicles.  Great products, excellent work and customer service.

Thanks for all the input! With more time spent on research, I've decided on the Llumar Formula One Pinnacle in 50% light transmission. Hard to find someone who has it, there are a few places in Tucson and one in Prescott Valley. I made an appointment for Friday at ProTint in Prescott Valley (928) 759-0149. They have good reviews on Yelp, quoted me $319 for the side and rear windows. I think I'll add in the clear roof, we don't use it much because of the heat, maybe with the tint we'll get a bit more use out of it.

I'll post some pictures when it's done. Fingers crossed!

FormulaOneSpecSheet.pdf

Suzy Cruisy

Dang, wish you'd asked us while you were with us Saturday!

We'll see the final result tomorrow morning at the Cars & Coffee Scottsdale & 101 though.  Hope you love what you got.   ;)

FYI for others we would suggest Cactus Tint in Scottsdale on Raintree.

And of their products, we suggest Spectra Photo Sync.   It is off the charts UV and heat reduction, and doesn't have to be dark.  We had our C7 done in CA with it and Cactus is the only installer in the area that is licensed to put it on here.  (We had the Cruze done with the same stuff this Spring.)

Incredible the difference it makes.  If we drive into the sun, with the unprotected windshield, we can immediately tell the difference.  Same with parking.  We have to try to remember to park her butt towards the sun if we can.

Cheers!

Suzy

Very nice people at ProTint (928) 759-0149, they began and ended right on schedule and the job looks great and is working very well. The 100 miles home in 107 degree heat was a LOT better than the drive up with the untinted windows. We went with 50% Llumar Formula One Premier, $327 for the job all in.

IMG_5281.JPG

IMG_5276.JPG

IMG_5277.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
insatiableOne

Great looking car.

Nearly looks like the UV film.

Sort of steep on the price though.