Need some advice here

sivtec

I recently bought a 217 Corvette Grand Sport about 3 months ago. I did buy it used with about 9k miles on it. My detailer saw water streaks on the inside of the headlights the very first time he detailed it about 3 days after buying it. So naturally, I took it to the Chevy dealership because I believe this should be covered under warranty. I did meet with a service adviser at Sands Glendale which I picked because they apparently got really good reviews for their service department so I headed in. I got there and since it was dealing with the Corvette I instantly had to get help from the manager on duty. So I spoke to him and he told me there isn't anything he can do and would have to talk to the service director because the parts are too experience. ?? Uh... k. So I came back and talked to both of them and they took pictures and they seemed very "unsure" if they could cover this because the light works as "intended" but they took pictures and said they would send it up the chain to see if they could cover it. That was over a month ago, and I have called almost everyday to talk to the manager. I either get he is working with a customer or he is out that day. I have left numerous voicemails and also had the advisers  leave notes on his desk to call me back. 

So I have some questions for you guys. First, anyone seen the same problem? I have attached some pics. Is anyone an adviser out there? Is this covered? Does anyone know someone at a dealership that I can get help with without jumping through hoops? I have seen this be warrantied out on the forums. Any suggestions? 

20170421_150741.jpg

2017042195150908.jpg

2017042195150643.jpg

2017042195150949.jpg

Reach out to 1EvilC6 (Ed) as I believe he is a service manger for Coultier Caddy on Camelback.  Several members only take their vettes to him for service and repairs.  He may be able to shed some light on your problem for you.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Extender32 said:

Reach out to 1EvilC6 (Ed) as I believe he is a service manger for Coultier Caddy on Camelback.  Several members only take their vettes to him for service and repairs.  He may be able to shed some light on your problem for you.

Appreciate man! Thanks! Will do!

I've seen that before on a  couple c6's and replaced them under warranty, I cant remember if it was factory warranty or gmpp, but shouldn't matter either way. Ive  also replaced headlight capsules on some other vehicles with that same water mark. its not as common as the sun cracking issues (which I  have also fixed  under warranty on the c6). it should be mentioned that GM has been changing what they consider warrantable recently. it wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion, unless you feel like taking a trip to Yuma to see me, ed would be the best option for you

• Upvote 1

The next time you are in the area of 12st and Camelback bring the vehicle in to Coulter Cadillac. I'll see what we can do to assist you with this.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, 1EVILC6 said:

The next time you are in the area of 12st and Camelback bring the vehicle in to Coulter Cadillac. I'll see what we can do to assist you with this.

Awesome! I'll see if I can stop by tomorrow. Anyone in specific I should ask for?

*Never mind I found it. Hopefully see you tomorrow!

@1EVILC6 Swung by the dealership yesterday. I believe it was your day off but talked to your counterpart. He looked at them and said it looked like a warranty issue. I also sent him pictures on his phone so you can see what I am talking about. Let me know your thoughts. 

I had a bit of trouble seeing the water marks but found in this photo I was able to see them. I highlighted them so others may see them easier. 

IMG_0892.thumb.JPG.b841637762ad9966a07b7697c9f67acd.JPG

SLAMMER?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SLAMMER said:

I had a bit of trouble seeing the water marks but found in this photo I was able to see them. I highlighted them so others may see them easier. 

SLAMMER?

Thanks dude! Theres even more towards the front but this gives you a good idea of what it looks like. 

23 hours ago, sivtec said:

@1EVILC6 Swung by the dealership yesterday. I believe it was your day off but talked to your counterpart. He looked at them and said it looked like a warranty issue. I also sent him pictures on his phone so you can see what I am talking about. Let me know your thoughts. 

I'll be here all day today, bring the car by if time permits.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, 1EVILC6 said:

Will do!

12 minutes ago, 1EVILC6 said:

Unless its lunch time, then swing by the Hi Liter

3 hours ago, 1EVILC6 said:

Good to meet ya Joel, I'll let know how GM tells us to proceed.  ....Sweeeet ride!:thumbs

Thanks Ed! Awesome to meet you. Looking forward to seeing what they say. Thanks again!!

Desertdawg

Hey Joel, be sure to check your rear bumper for ghey pride stickers before you leave.

Ed likes to advertise. :lol