Need New Radiator - 1998 C5 Auto

Grape Ape

Just looking to replace mine in a bit. It's not leaking or anything but I'm going to bre doing my A/C compressor and associated parts soon. So I thought while I'm replacing the condenser I'd just replace it also since it's, as far as I know, the original one. Where would you all get one from these days? Not sure if I want to get the aluminium one or just go with an original one. Need some of your opinions.

Guest badbobs95

I've never been a fan of plastic sides. Why would they put plastic on an aluminum radiator? None of the expensive brands do. I would just stay away from those from China.

Its on Amazon for $143. 

I personally don't have issue with the plastic composites, I mean, its lasted this long without failing. Right? I guess its all about your own peace of mind. You could probably pay double or triple for an all metal DeWitt unit but I don't know if there's really a gain worth the price difference. Just my opinion though 

^^^This. I just replaced mine with the same style at 85K. Small crack on the inlet neck. I had Frank Dunshee source all my cooling system parts. 

I put a DeWitt's from Corvette performance Arizona and it works great. Note there is two different radiators for a C-5 auto depended upon your Vin number 

Thanks for the heads up. Did not know that. I'll make sure to have my VIN with me.

Bromley's Corvettes

We get new radiators from Performance they in stock and good deal. Unless its a hot rod car needs a better one like a Dewits. 

Definitely not a built or hot rod car. Pretty much stock so I will lean towards a stock looking one. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mrhusker said:

Pretty much stock so I will lean towards a stock looking one. Thanks.

HaHaHa .... mechanically speakin!

joe@cpr.com

you're stock just get an oem gm unit. if you want something a little nicer I try to stock dewitts but in reality you don't need it. 

16 hours ago, P51tj said:

HaHaHa .... mechanically speakin!

Is there any other way? I even still have the perimeter valve covers on the darn thing. Although it may overheat with all that extra weight that surrounds everything??? HMMMMM...

15 hours ago, joe@cpr.com said:

you're stock just get an oem gm unit. if you want something a little nicer I try to stock dewitts but in reality you don't need it. 

Thanks, That reaffirms my thinking then.

I'd probably send an email to Gene Culley with your VIN and see what they come up with, I've always been kind of astounded at the pricing Cultrag has over the years.  That or Ed over at Coulter