Question for Anyone in the Phoenix area

Guest Fjzhood

Guest Fjzhood

Hello everybody!

My name is Jon, and I am a gear head full time and a traveling Home Health Nurse for the elderly in my free hours. I currently have a patient, former racing driver, who is going through a very hard time. 

In the last months alone he has lost one of his legs from complications of an old wreck injury. He will most likely lose the other in the coming weeks. Because of these events he is no longer able to care for his wife so she has been moved to long term care facility. Now only being able to see her once a week.

Needless to say he has been down of late and a positive experience would help him so. He has a passion for automobiles that is now Unable to feed.

In our conversations he has mentioned several times how the mid to late 60s Corvettes are his absolute favorite. 

My goal here is to hopefully find someone who would be willing to make another's dream, even if short,  come true by bringing the only car in the show to his home, or a park near by. It is a small but huge thing to ask of a stranger. 

Please let let me know if anyone is willing to help him out. My email is j.hood@outlook.com.

Thank you

Jon H

Jon,

I'd love to help but I don't own a C2.  My wife however, has a slightly modified C3 with side pipes My wife and I would be willing to bring both cars to his home if he would sometime in the near future.

Guest badbobs95
30 minutes ago, Extender32 said:

Jon,

I'd love to help but I don't own a C2.  My wife however, has a slightly modified C3 with side pipes My wife and I would be willing to bring both cars to his home if he would he like sometime in the near future.

You're a good man Greg! Why can't we get a bunch of members to go over? I'm sure he would love to see 20 or 30 Corvettes. Let's set a date on a Sunday when more people are free.

Bromley's Corvettes

Bring him to my shop its full of 60s Corvettes:) He can hang out and watch them being worked on hear some of them running:) 

2 hours ago, badbobs95 said:

You're a good man Greg! Why can't we get a bunch of members to go over? I'm sure he would love to see 20 or 30 Corvettes. Let's set a date on a Sunday when more people are free.

I was thinking the same thing and maybe even corvettes and caddies if he can travel as I believe there are least 1-2 C2's that usually show up.

Guest badbobs95
Just now, Extender32 said:

I was thinking the same thing and maybe even corvettes and caddies if he can travel as I believe there are least 1-2 C2's that usually show up.

Good thinkin! That's why you get paid the big bucks!

15 minutes ago, Bromley's Corvettes said:

Bring him to my shop its full of 60s Corvettes:) He can hang out and watch them being worked on hear some of them running:) 

Another great idea and this time it came from DOUG!

Bromley's Corvettes

We can do a open house sat and burgers and drinks and everyone can look around and get a little tour of projects going on. My detailer can wear her new bikini and my sugar can serve drinks and I can do burn outs in my hot rod 81 vette:) 

19 minutes ago, badbobs95 said:

So where's Jon? Is he coming back?:blink

Per the last line in his original post, it would probably be prudent to email him that we are looking to support the request.  I'm betting he's not subscribed to the thread to get notifications