My "New" C5 Coupe

Dave64

For almost two years now, I've fought with myself about the idea of selling my C5 and getting a C7.  Well, I finally made the decision that I am going to keep her.  I just plain love the smooth body lines.

With that in mind, I figured I might look into upgrading a bit to make her feel like a new car.  We went to see Joe at CPR and he gave me a couple options.  The one we settled on was to install a set of Kooks long-tubes, high flow cats, X-pipe, ending with Route 66 Round Tip mufflers.  He also did a dyno tune.

It's like our honeymoon, all over again (the car & me).  The mufflers sound great and the transmission now shifts wonderfully.  I am, most definitely, a happy camper.  And, Joe was right, my mileage has gone down since the upgrades...gotta stop stepping hard on the go pedal.

Joe treated me like I was a return, big-bucks customer.  I will take my future corvette needs to Joe at CPR.

I came in wondering what you got now, left with a great story and review. 

Isn't it great having a "new" old toy again?

Yeah, it's really like she's new all over again :burnout.  I've even washed her twice since I brought her home :smilelol.

I miss my 82. 

The 98 was a blast and I would still be happy in it. 

But, this 08 is an awesome ride. 

• 2 weeks later...
scottcolbath
On February 22, 2017 at 9:01 AM, 1jester said:

Just drove my C-5 yesterday. It's still more comfortable than my C7

C7s are not built for big people. I'm 6'5" and a lot of that is leg. My 99 is a good fit. I drove a friend's C7 a while back. If it were a standard, I would have been in trouble. No room for my leg to acetate a clutch pedal. Also, I had almost no headroom.

S.C.

22 hours ago, scottcolbath said:

C7s are not built for big people. I'm 6'5" and a lot of that is leg. My 99 is a good fit. I drove a friend's C7 a while back. If it were a standard, I would have been in trouble. No room for my leg to acetate a clutch pedal. Also, I had almost no headroom.

S.C.

I sat in a few and agree...I'm only 6'3" and it bums me out that I will probably never get a C7 because of that issue.

scottcolbath
6 hours ago, Bigfoot said:

I sat in a few and agree...I'm only 6'3" and it bums me out that I will probably never get a C7 because of that issue.

Your C6 is a real nice fit though, isn't it? I sat in one once, and was shocked at the room. Plenty.

S.C.

On 3/3/2017 at 5:30 PM, scottcolbath said:

Your C6 is a real nice fit though, isn't it? I sat in one once, and was shocked at the room. Plenty.

S.C.

Yes, it's fine as long as I keep the back of the seat at a little taller angle. My C5 was actually a better fit though.

scottcolbath
On 3/6/2017 at 11:15 AM, Bigfoot said:

Yes, it's fine as long as I keep the back of the seat at a little taller angle. My C5 was actually a better fit though.

Are you a lot of leg, or upper body? I'm betting leg.

S.C.