Bushings squeaks!

Redhotvettte

Redhotvettte

My 08 stock C6 with 24000 miles has some squeaks especially when going over even a small bump. Any thoughts on what you all have used? silicone spray or any certain type or brand of spray or grease? Or any recommendations on taking it somewhere so the car can go up on a rack. Thx, Ray

My C5 with C6Z sways squeak at the sway bar bushings in the rear. Some say don't use anything, but other's say if you're going to use something, it should probably be silicon based. Spray or grease. I use grease hoping that it might last a bit longer than spray. Always noisier in the winter when everything's a bit colder too. I just turn up the radio or wait for higher RPM's to shift. :rockon2:

My squeaking was shocks, plain and simple.  Are you base model or do you have the adjustable ride control (F55)?  Thing to remember, it isn't just the mileage on components, its the age a lot of the times.  Seals degrade and fail, charge and oil get lost, and there you have it, squeak-a-rino

Redhotvettte

Thanks for the response guys! Will do a better check on the shocks and bushings first.