Barely a 10, but still a 10

cr133r

First off, drag radials are no miracle tire...   at least not compared to running a real bias ply tire at the track.  This is my first venture with drag radials and its been a big learning curve.

Last street event in Tucson I went:

60' - 1.694

330 - 4.689

1/8 - 7.139

MPH - 101.34

1000 - 9.210

1/4 - 10.970

MPH - 130.81

Still have a few things to do to the car.  I added a bit of fuel to see if it would help and it slowed down a bit.  Forgot to take the fuel back out for the rest of the night.  The alignment on the car is for the other track and I haven't had time to re-align the suspension for the street/strip.  1.8 degrees of camber and 1/8 toe-in definitely isn't putting the tires to good use.  Hopefully my busy work/family schedule will allow me a little time to redo the alignment before I go out to the track again.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed, but I'm definitely enjoying getting back out to the drag strip to see what the car (and myself) can do.

JLs Mistress

Billy anytime you hit the 10s is a good day . Any motor work ?

I know you replaced the exhaust .. 

See you Saturday

13 hours ago, cr133r said:

First off, drag radials are no miracle tire...   at least not compared to running a real bias ply tire at the track.  This is my first venture with drag radials and its been a big learning curve.

Last street event in Tucson I went:

60' - 1.694

330 - 4.689

1/8 - 7.139

MPH - 101.34

1000 - 9.210

1/4 - 10.970

MPH - 130.81

Still have a few things to do to the car.  I added a bit of fuel to see if it would help and it slowed down a bit.  Forgot to take the fuel back out for the rest of the night.  The alignment on the car is for the other track and I haven't had time to re-align the suspension for the street/strip.  1.8 degrees of camber and 1/8 toe-in definitely isn't putting the tires to good use.  Hopefully my busy work/family schedule will allow me a little time to redo the alignment before I go out to the track again.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed, but I'm definitely enjoying getting back out to the drag strip to see what the car (and myself) can do.

Sweet, Billy !!!! ET is all about the 60', buddy......get the launch down, hit the 1.5X territory, and watch your ET come down .5 or more :)

SW is above 3000', so the DA sucks big time.

Way back in October 2014, I went 10.77 with a DA well above 5000' on 1.7x 60' times

On 4/7/2016 at 9:37 PM, JLs Mistress said:

Billy anytime you hit the 10s is a good day . Any motor work ?

I know you replaced the exhaust .. 

See you Saturday

LS7 Block

PRC 265 Heads

Callies crank/rods

Wiseco Pistons

FAST Intake

NW 102 TB

ARH headers w/cat H-Pipe

244/254 108 .660 lift cam

RPS BC2 clutch (which my wife wants me to replace)

442ci 11.6:1

Pretty much sums it up I think.  I hurt the crank and two stock rods, otherwise I would have stuck with the stock internals.  It spends most of its time on the road course.