• Announcements

• theChad

ACE has been upgraded.   05/27/2016

Please let us know if you find anything not working correctly in the software changes/upgrade thread (click this announcement for a link).   There's now a Post Preview button at the end of the editor options button bar (it's the icon with the page & magnifying glass) !   Here's a link to the additional fixes, features, and enhancements. https://invisionpower.com/release-notes/4112-r40/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jon

Replacing pads/rotors on base C6?

8 posts in this topic

Are there any special tools or tricks needed to change my pads and rotors on a base model C6? I ordered Centric premium rotors and StopTech pads that will be here Friday. I'm supposed to take it to Just Brakes on Saturday. I was going to have them machine my old rotors and keep them as spares or for a track day set with some Carbotech pads. I'm not sure I trust them to do it right. It's the Just Brakes on Northern and the loop 101 in Peoria.

Really straight forward and easy.

It's a slapper-easy as pie! If you're not flushing teh fluid (which you should do anyway, with Motul or ATE Blue), then all you'll need is a pad-spreader. Rotors just slide off and on, but put a dab of anti-sieze on teh studs.

cake walk my friend

Hopefully the new rotors and pads get here Friday. They are supposed to according to the tracking info.

It's a slapper-easy as pie! If you're not flushing teh fluid (which you should do anyway, with Motul or ATE Blue), then all you'll need is a pad-spreader. Rotors just slide off and on, but put a dab of anti-sieze on teh studs.

Pad-spreader? You mean like two screwdrivers? :rolf

Pad-spreader? You mean like two screwdrivers? :rolf

BTDT, but teh little trigger thing is soooooooooooo much easier..... :bang

Big thanks to Joe @ CPR for opening up on a Saturday to swap my brakes out! :thankyou: