NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Broken windshield

Eddie44

The day started out lousy and just got worse. I had a 9:30 meeting and at 9:25 my cellphone went off. Our Tempe Branch got robbed. I spent all morning out there with the employees and cops. I leave just before noon. As I'm getting on the I-10 something in front of me throws up a rock. I figure it's going to put a nice nick in the hood but no... luckily it hit the windshield and put a silver dollar sized star right under the mirror.

All the way back to my office I'm figuring that it's going to look like poop Sunday at the Men's Expo. I call Farmers and the give me the glass company's number. Call the glass place and explain my predicament. They will be out Saturday Morning to replace it. Vette isn't even 2 mos old and it'll have a new windshield.

Well the windshield is in and I'm nothing but impressed with the install. As I was pulling the Vette out I asked the installer if he knew how Vette owners were with their cars. He replied, "Oh yeah, that's why I'm here. I'm the shop foreman. Wasn't going to work today but when I heard we had a Vette I go out on those. I refuse to send just anybody out on nice cars, even if it's in their area." The guy has 16 yrs experience doing windshields. He was great, down to having me open the hood when he started and close it. He commented that most "exotic car owners" don't just slam them but they all have a certain way they like to do it.

The company is Universal Auto Glass 602-249-8999 and the Tech is Adrian Vonville.

On a side note, he did check to see if I had HUD or not and the invoice showed $1611 for the total installed price.

• 1 month later...

$1,600...HOLY Crap! thats one expensive windshiled right there. Does yours have a HUD and does mean its "special" glass only?

The windshield was $159.99 with 12 free dinners at Filberto's fabulous restaurants.

The other $1.440.01 was just vette tax. :toetap

$1,600...HOLY Crap! thats one expensive windshiled right there. Does yours have a HUD and does mean its "special" glass only?

Mine has HUD. I understand it works w/o the special windshield but as long as Farmers was paying why not get the right one. GM specifies a different windshield for some reason.

The windshield was $159.99 with 12 free dinners at Filberto's fabulous restaurants.

The other $1.440.01 was just vette tax.

Filberto's is famous for a reason...OH YUCK!! :U Excuse me while I make another "pitstop" to the restroom...I'd rather eat the windshield glass than their food.

Wasn't going to hijack the thread but I've got to defend Filiberto's breakfast burritos. I don't think there's a better chorizo and egg burrito. When I worked at Chase Friday mornings were Filiberto burrito days. :thumbs

Robert and Elizabeth

I too must defend Filiberto's. I love their beef tacos and refried beans combo meal. Um Um good! :thumbs

You are much braver than I...I ate there once and after blowing chunks later, that was it for me. Of course all the great press they got a while back on the quality of the food and what was going into it plus the sanitary conditions/ratings and not to mention the illegals with no health background checks was the clincher for me as well. But I guess you can find that anywhere if you look hard enough.

Did a little editing to this thread. :thumbs

Good idea I guess we both were reading CF

Reading CF???? :huh

• 3 months later...

I'm responsible for a fleet of 300 vehicles, would HIGHLY recommend K&B Glass. Tony (owner) is your contact, his cell number is (480) 296-9193 tell him Bob with Kitchell referred you. They only use Pilkington or OEM quality glass, avoid Safelite or companies that advertise free meals, cash etc. All they do is overcharge your carrier and......your rates go up. :bang