NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Keep your eyes peeled for a possible new member

Ted Y

He's probably saving registration. 99 out of 100 cops will drive right by that and not pay any attention.

Look more carefully Eddie.

I know it's for an 86 Chev but cops will only see a temp plate and not pay attention to what it's on.

Okay, I just paid attention to the motor. I thought it was a Viper with a bogus temp plate. That is definitely lame!!!

That's the answer for Scratch :lol

He joined today, so lets not beat on him to bad. I wonder if Tonee (mofo) has seen this yet? I bet he could afford one of these... :lol

fourseventeen

LOL. Ted and I had to double take on the temp tag...we were both like WTF! Chevy!? and then walked up closer to the car and realized sure enough, its a Chevy.

Did he actually join? He hasn't said hello....

Would you after reading this thread? :facepalm:

Exactly.....

I admire the tenacity it would take to tackle a project like that. The original body was probably falling apart so what the hell? Looks like whomever did a pretty nice job with it :thumbs

I don't blame him, I would of done the same thing! Love the body style and lines but terrible reliability. Two thumbs up, welcome and don't worry about my ACE members! They are great people with horrible manners.

Well said, Eddie.

Also, while it may be sacreligous to some, I believe this is actually a Viper body kit for the C4 Corvette chassis and not a re-engined Viper.

I've seen a few in the past and they looked quite good.

Viper body kit

Exactly.....

I admire the tenacity it would take to tackle a project like that. The original body was probably falling apart so what the hell? Looks like whomever did a pretty nice job with it :thumbs

...a second :clap

and I just noticed the wheels look like the silver finish ZR-1's. (which my original 1st choice 'til Ken came along with the Chromies & GS offset!)

Looking at the firewall / vent tray and the way the install is the identical layout of the '86 -'87 C-4's, I'm thinking Victor nailed it.

So the real question - did it get any lighter with the body kit and what engine mod's are lurking out of sight?

what the hell are you guys talking about vipers being unreliable???? i'll will give my vette up in a mili second for a 98 gts

:banstick3td::banstick3td::banstick3td:

:neener_neener:

what the hell are you guys talking about vipers being unreliable???? i'll will give my vette up in a mili second for a 98 gts

:banstick3td::banstick3td::banstick3td:

:neener_neener:

What a pot-stirrer.

fourseventeen

Yup I am pretty sure Victor is correct. This car had an aftermarket fiberglass body(trust me, it was REAL obvious)...and it appeared to be sitting on a corvette frame.