General Mechanic Recommendation E. Valley

Eddie44

I've got a female co-worker that is looking for someone that can replace the water pump on her vehicle. She lives in the east valley and the car is driveable. She just wants someone honest that won't rip off a young female. Any suggestions?

3,503 lbs of trouble
I've got a female co-worker that is looking for someone that can replace the water pump on her vehicle.  She lives in the east valley and the car is driveable.  She just wants someone honest that won't rip off a young female.  Any suggestions?

ADS

6835 W. Chandler Blvd

Chandler, AZ 85226

(480) 961-8704

http://www.adsaz.biz/

Doug Bromley recommended them to fix my Mother's T-bird, and I think highly of their skill and integrity.

I've got a female co-worker that is looking for someone that can replace the water pump on her vehicle.  She lives in the east valley and the car is driveable.  She just wants someone honest that won't rip off a young female.  Any suggestions?

ADS

6835 W. Chandler Blvd

Chandler, AZ 85226

(480) 961-8704

http://www.adsaz.biz/

They fixed my Mother's T-bird as per Doug Bromley's recommendation, and I think highly of their skill and integrity.

we should see if we can get members from all the places we frequent to post what exactly they do - in cases like this - ADS did not even come to mine - Bromleys did - but it was going to be a joke! :lol

perhaps when someone goes to those places they could have them put up a post here somewhere to tell us what they do

3,503 lbs of trouble

I also recommend Shuman's Auto Clinic at 235 S Siesta Ln, Tempe, AZ 85281 (480) 894-2165. Mike the owner is a great guy. He's worked on my Camaro, Vette and DeLorean. Maybe even the T-bird. Very good and honest operation.

3,503 lbs of trouble
in cases like this - ADS did not even come to mine - Bromleys did - but it was going to be a joke! :lol

Doug can fix it to, but he either may or may not want to if it's not a Vette depending on the P.I.A. factor. He will deal with P.I.A. Vettes, but P.I.A. anything else he will send to ADS. And ADS does more than just modify and tune Glenn's Corvettes.

I would have her call Doug Bromley and let him give a quote on price. Some cars it is easy (if it's a RWD car) and others it is a total pain in the ass.

ADS has already been suggested as well.

Other places I recommend:

Buds Service Center on Country Club - right next to Loppers Performance. http://www.budsservicecenter.net.

Or Sun Devil Auto - they are all over the valley.

3,503 lbs of trouble
Other places I recommend:

Sun Devil Auto - they are all over the valley.

If this thread is about a young lady not wanting to be ripped off, then Sun Devil Auto is definitely NOT the place to take her car. In my family we had a '77 Ranchero my Mother got from my Grandfather. It wouldn't start or run. She took it to Sun Devil to have it fixed. They told her the engine was shot, and needed to be replaced. She told them my Grandfather had a new engine put in it a few years earlier, so she was not willing to get a new one. The car sat for several years, 'till we gave it to our cousins back East who wanted to restore it. Turns out the only thing wrong with the engine was the timing. So why did Sun Devil tell my Mother the motor was shot and needed to be replaced? Perhaps it was the opportunity to get their hands on the 351 Cleveland that turns out was under the hood and none of us realized was there 'till my cousin got it. Sun Devil probably figured a middle aged woman who doesn't know jack about cars and comes in with a Cleveland that won't start would buy that the engine was bad, so she'd end up paying for them to install a lesser engine she didn't need and they would end up with a good desirable engine. So as far as I, and my Mother are concerned, Sun Devil Auto are crooks!

I appreciate it guys! The car is a 2001 Olds Alero so I am guessing it's going to be a PITA. I passed on the suggestions and cautions. THANKS AGAIN!

3,503 lbs of trouble
I have not had any problems with Sun Devil auto.

I'm not saying Sun Devil Auto has a chain wide policy of taking advantage of naive customers of any age or gender. I'm just telling what happened to my Mother and our Ranchero at one of their Phoenix locations. I'm not sure how a qualified experienced mechanic can mistake a timing issue for a blown engine, and considering what type of engine we later discovered it to be, it all began to make a lot of sense. So, they tried to pull an expensive fast one, and I will forever tell people about it.

Guest AZ Power & Sound

I can do most general maintenence, however im typically booked 2+ weeks out unless its something that takes less then 2 hours...

I can do most general maintenence, however im typically booked 2+ weeks out unless its something that takes less then 2 hours...

this is good to know mike - i'll keep this in mind for the future - thanks for the update!