Weatherstripping

Guest racingchester

i would like to be there for this one - in fact, let me know where you got/are getting your weather stripping - mine's TOAST all the way around the car!!!! especially the targa area

Can I watch too??????

Seriously, I would like to see how easy or hard it is to replace also... The Vette that Melissa supposedly has needs it done too. The one she claims she has is a little bit older though.....

Andrew

Crap! I knew this would pop up sooner of later...

I did all of the weather stripping on my 82, so I guess you can say I know how to do it.. :banghead

Sounds like we need to set up a saturday to have stripping class....I wonder if Tanya will want to help out???? :D

I'll bring the sledge hammer if someone else can bring the duct tape...

Lets use my car as a test. :)

This is the kit i plan on ordering:

http://www.1aauto.com/1A/Weatherstrip/Chev...AWSK00101/66111

It looks pretty complete, I hope to have it as soon as Xmas is done with. (I think Nancy would give me the "hairy eyeball" if i spent that much on myself during the xmas season.

Sooooooooooooooo we can all have a get together some time in Jan , and see just how much of a pita it is. :)

I think Chuck gets first shot at the donor car, let's see if he wants to be the guinea pig... I'm sure we could work on both of them if enough people want to get dirty.

Do you have a place in mind where we can break stuff without getting in trouble?

Try pricing your stuff and The Last Detail...

http://www.tld-corvette.com/index.htm

I used CorvetteRubber, but they are higher than your link. TLD has a 7 piece kit and the hatch separate for a little less I think. Take a look and see what you find...

Sometime in January sounds fine, we can pick a date depending on when Chuck has the parts and your order arrives...

hey don't forget about me too - we can do all 3 of them at the same time! :D

If you guys do it on a Sunday, I'd like to see how bad my car is, too. We can do it here-plenty of room. If not a Sunday, then later on a Sat?

Melissa

Guest racingchester

I have the stripping for my car and you are welcome to come to my place. Im not far from Andrews either or if there are alot of west side folks we could go there and save "teacher" Dwayne a long drive.

I have the stripping for my car and you are welcome to come to my place. Im not far from Andrews either or if there are alot of west side folks we could go there and save "teacher" Dwayne a long drive.

After I posted I remembered that Chuck probably has a lot of room too. I'm okay with West side too, as long as it's late enough Sat or on a Sun (poor Andrew works every Sat).

Oh, and weatherstripping might be a good gift idea for someone who just happens to know someone who has an imaginary vette in need of it.

BTW, is that the short bus that you drive through my 'hood?? That's the only one I ever see... :P

M-

Hey M;

Unless you are up early I come by about 6:30 - 6:40 AM!!! WANT ME TO HONK???

Uh, No, I don't think so! Heck, Andrew probably leaves right before you drive down the street. What school is that for? What time do you come through in the pm? I work from home, so I see the afternoon one more often....

Melissa

Guest racingchester

I drive out of 9 different schools. The early one is Shadow Mt. I come back that way sometimes about 8:30 am. I don't get your way in the pm unless its a mistake.

Honk real loud!!! Our neighbors across the street always have a hangover and we need to teach them a lesson. We all drink the same stuff :drinkers but you know them featherweights...... :P

Andrew

Does anyone have the expertise to change the outside window weatherstripping?

Need help!!

Did we decide when we are going to watch you instal the weatherstripping??? I am interested in know how easy it is before Melissa starts doing hers....

Andrew

Guest 1FASTC4

I've had the weather stripping done twice on my car(had to do it again after paint)

I strongly recommend you go w/ GM weatherstripping. Aftermarket stuff, from my experience doesn't fit as well. If you want to go w/ aftermarket stuff, i have a set for the windows you can buy cheap..... cheap!

I've had the weather stripping done twice on my car(had to do it again after paint)

I strongly recommend you go w/ GM weatherstripping. Aftermarket stuff, from my experience doesn't fit as well. If you want to go w/ aftermarket stuff, i have a set for the windows you can buy cheap..... cheap!

If you don't mind me asking..... How much did GM weatherstripping set you back?

Does anyone want to set up a time and date for this? I can host it at my place if we want to do this on the 10th, 11th or 17th of December. I may be interested in doing my "A" pillars as well.

Does anyone want to set up a time and date for this? I can host it at my place if we want to do this on the 10th, 11th or 17th of December. I may be interested in doing my "A" pillars as well.

that might be too early for some of us - as i'm sure not all of us have the parts to do this yet - in fact, i've got a few other projects on my plate right now - brakes and radiator for mine!

so if we could put it off until some time in january like mentioned earlier in the thread, that would work better for me (i know it's not all about me, but i wanna be included too!)

• 4 months later...

I've inherited Chris's weatherstripping issues -- $440 for this kit probably isn't bad, based on my limited shopping-around-for-it experience. We definately need to get together and do this. Sooner, rather than later (it's hot already). I assume that besides the weatherstripping kit, we'll need some sort of adhesive? Anything else I'm be forgetting?

(should schedule at least 2 weeks out for me, to give me time to order/receive the kit -- this weekend and the next are bad anyway).