4th Annual Gila Bend BBQ Cruise

BSeery

Once again we will trek across the desert to the wide spot in the road called Gila Bend.

4th Annual Gila Bend BBQ Cruise !!!!

February 18th 2006 ---

One of the very first ACE events was the Gila Bend BBQ Cruise. Each year it gets bigger and better, and I hope this year will top them all. Dwayne Tomko and family host a wonderful event at their home in Gila Bend Arizona. We get together, have lunch, sit and talk and meet other Corvette Enthusiasts and enjoy a fantastic cruise to and from Gila Bend. It's fun to watch a large number of Corvettes parade into the small town each year and it always turns heads and gets the town's attention.

If there is any event in the year that I would like EVERYONE to attend, it is this event.

West side group can meet at Lowes on Dysart road and I-10 at 8:30 a.m. From there everyone should leave around 9:00 a.m. and drive out to meet the east group at Krispy Kreme at Arizona Mills Mall. East Group will meet there at 9:30 a.m. and by just after 10:00 a.m. everyone should be there in time to leave and head out to Gila Bend together.

--------------------------------------------------------

Directions for those coming from Tucson / Sierra Vista area: Click here for a link to directions for the Tucson / Sierra Vista drivers.

--------------------------------------------------------------

List of attendee's:

Well, heres the list so far. Dwayne went through this thread and cobbled it together....

Added the latest additions.... :thumbs

If your not on it, post here...

If your bringing someone with you, post here...

I would like to get an accurate count to plan the food and drink supplies. :thumbs

Bryan & Tracy

Chris & the Girlfriend

Z O Sick Tony

Andrew & Melissa

Chuck Danner & his Boss

Mark Bach & Donna

Eddie

Robert & Frances Pilchnan

Tim & Johnnie

Mark & Tanya

KnK

Mike Embry

Dan W.

Daniel Fox

Larry & Carol Rich

Duane Helton

Sandy & Caitlin & maybe Glenn

Gary Harrington & Wife

Steve & Sean

Ron & Eva

Art & Annmarie

Steve & Marylou

Randall Peters

Travis Anderson

Ken & his Camera's

Bob & Donna Kroener

Rob & Pam Mattson

Thorn & Linda Simpson

Steve & Nickolette Simpson

Tim Smith with a kitchen pass & flying solo

The Chad

Don Becker

Chris Waymire

Jerry Challis and wife

Chad Robinson

+ about another dozen maybe's

Penciled in

Dan C.

Hugh Halladay & Wife

Steve's friend in a blue Z06

Doc & Rose Maher

George Janapolis & Camaro Friend

:partyare you coming solo, or with a passenger, please let me know.... :thumbs

Maps and directions !!

From Krispy Kreme. We will head south and pull out on to Baseline Rd heading west. Get in the far left lane and go under I-10. Turn left and get on to I-10 east. Follow I-10 East (south) to Queen Creek exit. Turn right onto Queen Creek and follow this as it turns into AZ 387. Continue on 387 to intersection of 347 and 238 - large intersection with Walgreens, CVS and Circle K.

Turn right onto 238 and follow 238 until it meets 85 (about 45 miles). Turn left onto 85 (watch for traffic) and follow 85 into town. Turn right on Euclid and follow this to the park.

wholeroute.gifGBMap.GIF

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Togo

• BSeery

• Eddie44

SWEET - the only thing that might prevent me from going would be if i was on call that weekend - but i may be able to have someone cover me for a couple hours!

and yes, last year was quite rainy - the drive home was pretty fun - even if the guys had to "let me keep up" because i was in the dreamsicle! :lol

Cool!!!

I'm going to try real hard to make it this year....Pencil me in :thumbs

oh aren't you funny!

keep it up, i'm sure they'll be calling you in as we are on our way up there

3,503 lbs of trouble
Make sure to mark this day on you calendar so you can attend.

Hope to see you ALL there in Gila Bend.

You open to some DeLoreans and maybe even some Panteras, or do you want to keep it all Vettes and a T-bird parked around back?

I have no problem with 3-4 delorans and some panteras.

Dwayne, it's your BBQ. You decide what riff raff you want showing up. :D

did someone say we will have to listen to pantera on the way up????

i don't know if i like them - i'll have to give them a listen! :leaving

I would like to attend thisevent.

well then keep following this thread for meeting details - i think i speak for Dwayne when i say we welcome all corvette owners - and some non corvette owners :leaving

3,503 lbs of trouble
You open to some DeLoreans and maybe even some Panteras, or do you want to keep it all Vettes...

Ya know, after giving it some thought, I realize it was probably not the best idea. Sorry to put you on the spot, Dwayne. Nevermind :)

You open to some DeLoreans and maybe even some Panteras, or do you want to keep it all Vettes...

Ya know, after giving it some thought, I realize it was probably not the best idea. Sorry to put you on the spot, Dwayne. Nevermind :)

Wait a minute-you mean if my crummy old 71 can't make the drive, then I can't come to bbq? that's not fair- :angry

Melissa

:leaving

Wait a minute-you mean if my crummy old 71 can't make the drive, then I can't come to bbq? that's not fair- :angry

Melissa

Starting to doubt if you even have a Vette. :leaving

:D

Starting to doubt if you even have a Vette.    :leaving

She does, and it's a beauty. :yesnod

Thanks Dan ~

And 'thanks' Keith, you turkey! :huh

Heck, I think Dan and Bryan are the only ones who've bothered to see it (it has been out of the stable on occasion)....and Bryan didn't give it a second glance (not his year, I guess....). I'm pouting.... :leaving

Melissa

Melissa

You don't have to drive your Vette but we will make you park your DD out back. Ask Dan and Chris. :lol:lol

Starting to doubt if you even have a Vette.     :leaving

She does, and it's a beauty. :yesnod

Thanks Dan ~

And 'thanks' Keith, you turkey! :huh

Heck, I think Dan and Bryan are the only ones who've bothered to see it (it has been out of the stable on occasion)....and Bryan didn't give it a second glance (not his year, I guess....). I'm pouting.... :leaving

Melissa

It's VERY much my year. I want a 1971 big block, 6 speed, 'vert with A/C as my next Vette.

I was pretty beat that day I was over at your place and had things to go, people to do and places to see.

Wait a minute-you mean if my crummy old 71 can't make the drive, then I can't come to bbq?  that's not fair- :angry

Melissa

You don't have to drive your Vette but we will make you park your DD out back. Ask Dan and Chris. :lol:lol

it was all good - at least we didn't have people parking their vettes real close to us so we didn't get any door dings! :rolf

Wait a minute...... Melissa does have a Corvette????? Where the H_ _ L is she hiding it????? :P Maybe you can take me for a ride in it......

I think I've seen her in one, but I thought it was rented...... :P

Man, they will let anyone own one of those cars....

Andrew

PS. I love you Melissa.......... :wub

BTW, I'll be at the BBQ, but I'll have to park the GTO in the back so I don't mess up the Vette photos again....... :P

Andrew

Dan, Your Pantera/Delorean club is welcome to attend, just as long as they don't out number the vettes...

Hmmm! Cool Fast Vette's and Cool Fast Pantera's, and ummm.....Deloreans too. :lol

Daily Drivers are allowed for vette owners (& DanW) And Maybe Chad too.... :P

Dwayne: DON'T CALL FOR RAIN ON THIS ONE!! :mad

Dear God,

Sunny sky's and empty roads for the day, And I swear I won't be mean to old people and cats for at least a month... :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, what time does this shindig happen? I just realized I had an evening date on the calendar....can do both if timing is right..... :thumbs

Thanks!

Melissa

Hey, what time does this shindig happen? I just realized I had an evening date on the calendar....can do both if timing is right..... :thumbs

Thanks!

Melissa

Last year is was over about 4:00 PM I beleive.

But you can stay as late as you like, it all depends on how fast you can drive home. :burnout