11/20/05 Drag Racing Results

BSeery

OK -- for everyone that raced, please e-mail me the details of each time slip that you have for each run while you qualified and ran bracket racing. Also send me the results of the person you ran against in case I don't get it from them. Please include your car number and your competitors car number. If you ran "time only" runs after that I am not as interested in the results.

For those that did not make it out to the track of left early, here is how things went.

We ran 2 qualifying runs in the morning, and based by the best time we ran they paired us up for eliminations.

First Round results:

Gordon Keller won over Kurt Logan

Tony Moreli won over Chris Waymire

Glenn Rodney won over Bryan Seery

Phillip Zuniga won over Jonathan Prough

Robert Pilchman won over Mark Cegielski

Dan Calabro won over Dwayne Tomko.

2nd Round:

Gordon Keller over Tony Moreli

Phillip Zuniga over Glenn Rodney

Robert Pilchman over Dan Calabro

3rd Round:

Gordon Keller - bye run

Robert Pilchman over Phillip Zuniga

Finals:

Robert Pilchman over Gordon Keller

So, Robert Pilchman is the current standing ACE Drag Race Champion !!

Congrats to Robert for winning on his very first trip to the drag races ever. Hope you will come out for some more future events to defend your title.

Thanks to ALL that came out and I hope that each and everyone of you had a fun day.

I am sure pictures will come up sooner or later. They can be seen at http://ArizonaVette.net/pictures .

Guest AZ Power & Sound

I got kicked off :( Good thing I didnt try to make an all out pass! With the attitude I got for hitting 11s no cage I think they would have come to my house for an assisination if I cracked into the 10s!

Thanks for everyones help (which I'm sure I will NEVER GET again). I had a BLAST!!! Now did someone say something about Autocross....hmmmm. I just might have to try that out too. I will never forget the sight of the vette in the other lane spinning out of control and crossing over the center onto my lane and hitting the guard rail behind me. That was freaky. :burnout:burnout

I will never forget the sight of the vette in the other lane spinning out of control and crossing over the center onto my lane and hitting the guard rail behind me. That was freaky. :burnout  :burnout

:eek:eek For those of us that weren't there, what's the story behind this? :toetap

Guest AZ Power & Sound

one tip for you guys next time...avoid the waterbox on street tires! While the smokey burnout gets the water off the solid tire, there is still water stored in the tread which will come out at a bad time... usually when you are trying to get traction! In addition it drags water into the staging area making launches for you and the next couple racers near impossible as well!

Thats my tip for the day :)

3,503 lbs of trouble
one tip for you guys next time...avoid the waterbox on street tires! While the smokey burnout gets the water off the solid tire, there is still water stored in the tread which will come out at a bad time... usually when you are trying to get traction! In addition it drags water into the staging area making launches for you and the next couple racers near impossible as well!

ohnosmle.gifOh no! Who went in the waterbox with street tires!?! :bangheadnono.gif

I'm surprised the track officials didn't say something.

Reading this is a must for the first time or inexperienced racers:

http://www.speedworldmotorplex.com/tips.htm

Oh no! Who went in the waterbox with street tires!?! :banghead I'm surprised the track officials didn't say something.

Reading this is a must for the first time or inexperienced racers:

http://www.speedworldmotorplex.com/tips.htm

Being a spectator, I do not believe any of our group went through the water box. The ones on streets stayed away all together and the ones with DR's backed in. However I was playing in the sand box! :lol

CONGRATS TO ROBERT! Good job! :thumbs

Guest waymirec

I avoided the waterbox like the plague.. except for the last run where the lady directing the lanes told me to go to the right lane and then just as I was about to go around that lane's waterbox the guy directs me to go to the left lane.. had no choice but to basically run straight through the waterbox. Then proceeded to spin half way down the track afterwards.

On street tires I stay out of the water box. I stay just ahead of it and do a dry burnout. Just to turn the tires over a bit to get the crap off of them and to try and pick up some of the grip.

Still didn't work for me, I had horrible tire spin yesterday. As strong as my car was running yesterday I really now wonder if drag radials would get a 12.9 out of it or not. It ran a 13.3 and that was with tire spin in 1st and 2nd and on the 2-3 shift.

Had a great time at the track. Was very different doing bracket racing.

Congratulations to Robert. His consistant driving won him the event. :thumbs

As for the traction, I could not hook up in the earlier part of the day and I was not going through the water box. Just a dry burnout.

Towards my last two runs I did burnout the rears in the waterbox. It seemed to help a little but not much.

I just need to buy some track tires and wheels. Then who knows how it will go.

All and all, I had a great time.

Phil... :devil

Guest XLR8TNC5

Well, I am happy for Robert! Great job. Beginner's luck. lol.

Actually, Mark and I had a great time and I am happy that my car is in the 11's!

Yep, I said 11's!

Mark's time slip against Robert is the one shown. This is a personal best for Mark in the Vette.

MY personal best in the Vette was:

RT: .050

60ft: 2.0

1/8:8.2

1/4:12.4@116mph

If I could only get that freaking burnout down! lol. Anyway, did anyone ever beat my RT or do I at least get to keep that bragging right?

We had fun................

post-9-1132617175.jpg

Well, I am happy for Robert! Great job. Beginner's luck. lol.

Actually, Mark and I had a great time and I am happy that my car is in the 11's!

Yep, I said 11's!

Mark's time slip against Robert is the one shown. This is a personal best for Mark in the Vette.

MY personal best in the Vette was:

RT: .050

60ft: 2.0

1/8:8.2

1/4:12.4@116mph

If I could only get that freaking burnout down! lol. Anyway, did anyone ever beat my RT or do I at least get to keep that bragging right?

We had fun................

Tanya-what's up with that slower time than Mark? You need to bust out and beat him! :rolf

FWIW, Andrew always had the best times in our Plymouth, but I was more consistent (and didn't break it, either). ;)

Wish we could have been there-sounds like a really good time! :thumbs

Did anyone ever answer what the heck happened with someone saying a car went into the wall? :eek

Melissa

:bang:bang Ok, here is "The Wall Thing". I was running one of the guys that came up from Sierra Vista. I was in the left lane and was about 200 or 300 feet down the track when something caught my eye in my rear view mirror and I was amazed to see a C5 spinning around and going across the center line and hitting the guard rail. I'm just glad that I was ahead of him so as not to have become involved. Needless to say I won that one. Sorry I had to say it. He was fine- no injuries - but it did mess up the rear fascia and the exhaust. He kept running the rest of the day plus about a dozen time only runs after we were through. Tough break. :bang:bang Seeya, Robert

Tanya - I don't have all the time slips in yet from everyone. In fact I have gotten VERY few.

Your .050 might have been best for the day, but I have the ACE record at an .039 from one of the nights at Firebird. I think that was more of a red light that missed than a good reaction time.

Congrats on getting the Vette in the 11's. It's VERY hard to get a car in that range, and have it be a very streetable car too boot. There are a few other cars with much more power that were not laying down the numbers that you and Mark did.

Congratulations to Robert. His consistent driving won him the event. :thumbs

:withstupid

Taught Robert everything I know. Except how to lose...See if I do that again :banghead

:bang:bang Ok, here is "The Wall Thing". I was running one of the guys that came up from Sierra Vista. I was in the left lane and was about 200 or 300 feet down the track when something caught my eye in my rear view mirror and I was amazed to see a C5 spinning around and going across the center line and hitting the guard rail. I'm just glad that I was ahead of him so as not to have become involved. Needless to say I won that one. Sorry I had to say it. He was fine- no injuries - but it did mess up the rear fascia and the exhaust. He kept running the rest of the day plus about a dozen time only runs after we were through. Tough break. :bang:bang Seeya, Robert

Jeepers! I think I'd have lost my lunch seeing that behind me (or in front or anywhere near me)! Congratulations on the consistency~it's nice to see one of the more stock cars bring home the prize every now and then! Plus, you're more likely to want to do it again (you may have been the victim of a setup-they'll play for money next time).

Melissa

I had a great time at speedworld. It was my first time really running my car at the track. I'm a little disapointed with my times/trap speed but i'm sure it will get better in time. These Vett's are alot harder to launch then my heavy a$$ Cobra was. Mike, thanks for the little 5k and dump tip, it actually helped. This track was preped pretty well. Phil, thanks again for letting me drive that beast of yours, i had a blast driving it! Your 3rd gear pulls like a mofo!

Congrats to Robert, the current champ!!!!! And everyone who went..

Melissa is mad at me cause I had stuff to do that ended up not happening..... Sorry sweetie pie.......

Andrew

:burnout:burnout

----------------------- Finish line!!!