Need a shop recommendation...

Donbecker

to fix my 4speed and look into why my engine won't turn over.

:banghead

Basically, I suspect I've blown the motor. Before the tow truck operator broke my transmission (by shifting it from 1st to neutral without the clutch) the engine wouldn't turn over. Even with jumping.

Yeah, it could be the starter, but I have a bad feeling that it is locked up.

After a long (and loud) discussion with Liz, this may very well jepordize us getting the house that we're really close to signing the papers on.

To add to the issues, this may be the final straw w/the vette (and her).

I might be looking for a delorean soon...

3,503 lbs of trouble

I suggest Doug Bromley to look at your car. He may be at his shop today. (480) 390-2652

Dan, good call!

Just got off the phone w/Doug, I'll be there within an hour and a half with the car.

Thanks!

I'll let you guys know what he comes up with.

To add to the issues, this may be the final straw w/the vette (and her).

I might be looking for a delorean soon...

you should look into getting a DAILY DRIVER - it really would have helped this process especially since you are starting a new job.

don't take this wrong - and i'm not really one to talk (as some of you may know) but if she doesn't "understand" the car thing - better to find out now than much later (if ya know what i mean) all of the gals we have in our group are DIE HARDS - they are on every event, ans support EVERYTHING their men do with their cars - damn i wish i could find a woman like that!!!! :crazy

all of the gals we have in our group are DIE HARDS - they are on every event, ans support EVERYTHING their men do with their cars - damn i wish i could find a woman like that!!!! :crazy

That might be going a little bit far. :huh

My wife understands my car thing and for the most part supports it but I wouldn't say she supports "EVERYTHING" about it. After 33 yrs she puts up with me. :willy

It's not that, I bought the car to drive and to spend time with her in it (although it doesn't have a back seat).

Have you seen my website? All the pics on there, that work was all done in a 5-6 month timeframe in which I LIVED in the garage, everyday after work from 5pm to 10pm, even on the weekends.

It took a ton of time away from her and I doing stuff and that was the exact opposite of what I had intended for it.

Basically, I've had to learn 2 things from this whole EFI experience:

1. Don't do major surgery on your daily driver. Especially without a backup.

2. My small 2 car garage is no longer a 'full service auto repair facility'.

Ah well, experience is a rough teacher. :)

I'll be getting a call from Doug most likely tomorrow, I'll fill ya in on the carnage.

That might be going a little bit far. :huh

My wife understands my car thing and for the most part supports it but I wouldn't say she supports "EVERYTHING" about it. After 33 yrs she puts up with me. :willy

Same here --

Tracy "tolerates" me and the Vette. Now that I have the Vega also I have to be extra super nice so I don't come home to changed locks on the doors.

There is a Dodge Stratus for sale in the Garage Sale section. A car like that, or even cheaper ones, would make a great daily driver.

C3's really are not suited for being daily drivers. They break too often, require too much care to keep them up and just are not good for sitting around idling in the 115+ degree heat of summer.

C3's really are not suited for being daily drivers. They break too often, require too much care to keep them up and just are not good for sitting around idling in the 115+ degree heat of summer.

Now you tell me :lol

Can't complain about my wife, she tolerates a lot with my Vette love affair. But it is also in a separate section of the garage, I think that out of site out of mind thing is helping me a lot :lol

Don, don't know your girl that will, but I think she is a keeper. She's put up with way more then most women would of......regarding you working on the car that is. :)

How hard to switch back to a carb? Hope nothing major with the engine or tranny.

Keith

Jammye doesn't know about my vette fetish. And none of you yahoo's better tell her....

Sorry to hear about your troubles Don, hopefully you get it back on the road soon...

don't take this wrong - and i'm not really one to talk (as some of you may know) but if she doesn't "understand" the car thing - better to find out now than much later (if ya know what i mean)  all of the gals we have in our group are DIE HARDS - they are on every event, ans support EVERYTHING their men do with their cars - damn i wish i could find a woman like that!!!! :crazy

:toetap Eh-hum. What about props for the guys who put up with us Vette girls? :toetap Not all of the vette widows are chicks~Andrew and Mark (not sure he really counts, since he actually had a vette, once, long ago, before the mustang brain tumor) are all up for throwing money at mods, even when it means their cars don't get them right now..... :wub that's not easy to find!

Melissa

:toetap Eh-hum. What about props for the guys who put up with us Vette girls? :toetap Not all of the vette widows are chicks~Andrew and Mark (not sure he really counts, since he actually had a vette, once, long ago, before the mustang brain tumor) are all up for throwing money at mods, even when it means their cars don't get them right now..... :wub that's not easy to find!

Melissa

my bad - those kinda girls are even harder to find!

DO YOU HAVE A SISTER? ;)

:agree

I'd rather have a Vega..... :P

Andrew

That can be arranged !!

I stopped by Bromley's today and Don's car was being worked on. Sounds like Doug had found a few items and hopefully Don's car will be running again. Sounds like the 4 speed might have some issues though.

Don - I hope it all works out for you and the Vette gets back on the road soon.

I stopped by Bromley's today and Don's car was being worked on. Sounds like Doug had found a few items and hopefully Don's car will be running again. Sounds like the 4 speed might have some issues though.

Don - I hope it all works out for you and the Vette gets back on the road soon.

Don-that sounds like good news-promising at least!

:toetap Eh-hum.  What about props for the guys who put up with us Vette girls?  :toetap  Not all of the vette widows are chicks~Andrew and Mark (not sure he really counts, since he actually had a vette, once, long ago, before the mustang brain tumor) are all up for throwing money at mods, even when it means their cars don't get them right now..... :wub  that's not easy to find!

Melissa

DO YOU HAVE A SISTER? ;)

I do - have a sister. :banghead

But do I hate you that much? Nah... :leaving

You may have better luck with Tanya-does she have a sister? ;)

M-

:toetap Eh-hum.  What about props for the guys who put up with us Vette girls?  :toetap  Not all of the vette widows are chicks~Andrew and Mark (not sure he really counts, since he actually had a vette, once, long ago, before the mustang brain tumor) are all up for throwing money at mods, even when it means their cars don't get them right now..... :wub  that's not easy to find!

Melissa

DO YOU HAVE A SISTER? ;)

I do - have a sister. :banghead

But do I hate you that much? Nah... :leaving

You may have better luck with Tanya-does she have a sister? ;)

M-

tanya doesn't have a sister

and apparently not too many single hot friends :(

oh well - i tried - are you sure you like me "that much" :leaving

tanya doesn't have a sister

and apparently not too many single hot friends :(

oh well - i tried - are you sure you like me "that much" :leaving

Chris-I can't think of anyone I hate enough to set my sister up with them. You must be relatively okay-you don't have a bunch of gold chains to go with your vette, do you? And, I really don't know any 'hot' girls who actually can turn a wrench, so you are SOL..... :leaving

M-

Thanks for the kind words!

I talked to Doug and he gave me a couple of options (let me reiterate that he sounds like he really knows his stuff and I owe Dan a beer for the recommendation).

I need to mull them over tonight, but I'll be calling him tomorrow to let him know which way we are going.

It may not be EFI after he's done, but I'll be driving it daily, and able to afford gas...not too bad. ;)

Let ya know more when I do!

-Don

I owe Dan a beer for the recommendation

See Dan, all you had to do was recommend Bromleys 342 times, and it paid off....

Just picking... :howdy

3,503 lbs of trouble
I owe Dan a beer for the recommendation

See Dan, all you had to do was recommend Bromleys 342 times, and it paid off....

Just picking... :howdy

Ya know, a visit or two to Doug could turn that 14.821 into 13.821 :yesnod :D icon_razz.gif

3,503 lbs of trouble
I talked to Doug and he gave me a couple of options...I need to mull them over tonight, but I'll be calling him tomorrow to let him know which way we are going.

It may not be EFI after he's done, but I'll be driving it daily, and able to afford gas...not too bad.

I just want to see it get you to work and home every day. Glad to hear your tranny sounds like it's okay.

Ya know, a visit or two to Doug could turn that 14.821 into 13.821 :yesnod :D icon_razz.gif

Only way I'm getting to the mid 13's is if Doug is giving out free money. ;)

Ya know, a visit or two to Doug could turn that 14.821 into 13.821 :yesnod  :D icon_razz.gif

Only way I'm getting to the mid 13's is if Doug is giving out free money. ;)

or if you give up your SECOND born!

as you already had to give up your firrst born for the 14.8 :P