a few pics from my NASCAR PIT experience

Togo

thought i'd share - nothing really special and i just snapped a few, but here ya go

this first pic was the first pit stop

post-6-1132289275.jpg

here's a stop by jimmie johnson (i think - remember this is a busch race)

Kyle Busch drives the #5 Lowes car in the Busch races.

Great pics of the pits..... :burnout

Looks like lots of fun, are your ears ringing from all the noise?????

A few more posts like that and you'll hit 1000 posts in no time..... :P

Andrew

nah, no ears ringing - and i wasn't even wearing my ear plugs - interesting - i think the cup cars are much much louder than the busch cars - or at least i thought so - the last cup race i went to i seem to recall my ears rang for 2 days afterwards!

I think it depends on the track but sometimes the exhaust if pointed away from you if you are in the infield. That may be why it wasn't so bad. And yeah, cup cars are much louder and have a much harsher tone.

Still can't beat being at a NHRA national event when they run the top fuel dragsters. That is not noise - it's pressure!! You feel the cars go by you, even when you are in the top row of the stands. Some feel so strong it feels like it will re-set your heartbeat, just pounding your chest as they rip buy at close to 300 MPH.

...then there's that guy in the truck with a J57 turbine going down a runway at some of the airshows...talk about re-setting your heartbeat!

Aye carumba...

This one ain't bad either, but I can attest that it was a B-52 that put our car in a ditch somewhere near Mountain Home Idaho, and not the B1.

OOps, was that a hijack???

post-6-1132370175.jpg