LED Lights

Don&Patty

I have replaced the factory ?white? lights in the door panels, dash, and rear storage area with red LED?s. Also, placed red LED?s in the front side vents doesn?t look too bad. Will post some pic?s once done.

Doors - you will need 6 3mm LEDs with resistors

Dash - you will need 7 3mm LEDs with resistors

Mirror - you will need 12 5mm LEDs resistors are not needed.

Trunk release button - you will need 1 3mm LED with a resistor

Trunk area I used 8 red and 10 white 5mm LED's all with resistors. Started with just the red but was not bright enough so I added the white.

The side vents I used 5 red 5mm LED's with resistors each side placed in a 2" X 3/8" block of plex-glass and wired with a switch so I can turn them off and on.

I got all the LEDs and resistors at www.ozium.com

After I did mine I found a web page that takes you through the process step by step. www.spdkilz.com

Makes a beg difference in how the interior of your car looks, will worth the effort and time. The dash is a real PITA but again will worth it.

come on - let's get a parts break down.

part numbers and locations for us lazy persons please! :leaving

Yeah, what he said...... :P

Good job on the parts list......

Andrew

We can have Mike do it while we all stand around watching......

Where has Mike been BTW????

I'm always up for a challenge........

We just need to find out if Melissa will let me use her workshop.......

Andrew

• 6 months later...

found a lazy mans tool for LED upgrades

first go HERE

then go HERE

i'm currently researching interior lights and plan on ordering a few exterior bulbs first - but thought i'd point this out - no resistors, no soldering, no nothing, just replace the bulbs with the LED replacements on this autolumination.com!

Guest Sidewinder

first go HERE

then go HERE

i'm currently researching interior lights and plan on ordering a few exterior bulbs first - but thought i'd point this out - no resistors, no soldering, no nothing, just replace the bulbs with the LED replacements on this autolumination.com!

Thanks

first go HERE

then go HERE

Thanks

does that mean you will be upgrading????

i'm gonna start pretty soon, i just want to get my license plate light, and backup light bulbs in hiperwhite so i can replace them when i remove the assembly to install my third brake light flasher (while it's all apart)

Got my LED's at Oznium.com. Really fast shipping, good prices. You can buy the LED's with the resistors already soldered on. Don't know how LED's would work without resistors. They are 1 to 3 volt lights and the cars are 12 and when the power is on BOOM. You can run them is series if you can get enough to equal 12 volts. That's what I did in the side vents. Anyway it's really not that hard to install them, the hard one was the review mirror. Anyway if you need help let me know.

• 1 month later...
Got my LED's at Oznium.com. Really fast shipping, good prices. You can buy the LED's with the resistors already soldered on. Don't know how LED's would work without resistors. They are 1 to 3 volt lights and the cars are 12 and when the power is on BOOM. You can run them is series if you can get enough to equal 12 volts. That's what I did in the side vents. Anyway it's really not that hard to install them, the hard one was the review mirror. Anyway if you need help let me know.

:thumbs COOL

What color did you use? Where did you place them?? How many LEDs did you use???

thanks for the offer - but i am lucky enough to be able to again just swap the bulbs on my rear view mirror - i pulled the glass out already to verify - all i have to do is order the new "festoon" bulbs and a few more NEO wedge bulbs for the DIC then i gotta call CHAD to help me install it.

Mark321: In this post is a listing of number of LED's needed and where I installed them. Hope it helps.