C4 Fuel Pump relay location....

Flyboy684

Newbie poster here...

Got my "project" back from paint and Doh!!!!, Dern thing will not run for more than 1 second. Suspect Passkey problem disabling fuel delivery.

Trying to eliminate the fuel pump and I cannot for the life of me find the dang Fuel pump relay...

Appreciate any advice as to where it might be hiding....

Thanks!

The fuel pump relay is located under the dash on the passenger side. You will have to remove the lower dash panel. Start by removing the air/heat vent by popping the center of the vent out and there will be two screws (Torques head) holding the vent in place, once the screws are removed the vent will pop out. Remove the side panel around and covering the fuses open and remove the fuse panel door you will see three screws that hold the side panel under the side panel there are two screws. After the side panel and the two screws are removed there are three nuts (10mm) where the air/heat vent was once removed the under dash panel can be removed carefully. Once the panel is loose disconnect the light and the panel can be set aside, you will see a small black box you will have to remove the cover Relay B for Fuel Pump #1

Added fuel delivery info....

(1) Return Pipe

(2) Feed pipe

(3) J 37287 Fuel Line Shut-off Adapters

(4) Fuel Pressure Gauge Bleed Hose

(5) J 34730-1A Fuel Pressure Gauge

Circuit Description

When the ignition switch is turned ON, the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) will turn ON the in-tank fuel pump. The in-tank fuel pump will remain ON as long as the engine is cranking or running and the PCM is receiving reference pulses. If there are no reference pulses, the PCM will turn the in-tank fuel pump OFF 2 seconds after the ignition switch is turned ON or 2 seconds after the engine stops running.

The in-tank fuel pump is an electric pump attached to the fuel sender assembly inside the fuel tank. The in-tank fuel pump supplies fuel through an in-pipe fuel filter to the fuel rail assembly. The fuel pump is designed to provide fuel at a pressure above the pressure needed by the fuel injectors. A fuel pressure regulator, attached to the fuel rail, keeps the fuel available to the fuel injectors at a regulated pressure. Unused fuel is returned to the fuel tank by a separate fuel return pipe.

Just a side note, my neighbor's C4 did something similar and it was the oil pressure switch. If the computer doesn't see oil pressure it'll shut down the engine as well

Awesome response time! Great advice too.

I've been looking at, er -past that "bank" of relays for two hours now... I was looking for a much bigger relay.

How do I determine which of those four relays is "B"?

Thanks again!

Oil pressure switch? Hmmm. I get a good reading on the gauges at "start up". Any idea if your neighbors reading was low at the gauges?

Oil pressure switch? Hmmm. I get a good reading on the gauges at "start up". Any idea if your neighbors reading was low at the gauges?

• 4 weeks later...

That's what makes ACE so cool, getting help when it's needed...

Now go check out the events section so you can cruise your Corvette with us!!!