Are C5 Z06 axles part number 10311201 ?

nw07heavy

Have a 2006 C6 Z06. The 2006 Zs have axle breakage issues with the CV joints. There is a new C6 Z06 axle out now, but I have heard from many that the C5 Z06 axles are as good if not better for performance use. I found part number 10311201 for the C5 axle. Can anyone confirm that the C5 and C5 Z06 use the same axle part number 10311201 for BOTH left and right sides? Just trying to head off any broken axles and collateral damage they may cause. Thanks in advance for any help.

P.S. Anyone have a new set of C5 Z06 axles they want to sell?

Shoot Ed (Blew X U) a pm. He can track the part numbers and get you the best price on GM parts.

I have been reading this link on CF

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-forced-...nside-a-c5.html

it states that the C6 Z51 rearend can fit on the C5, with

the diff (obviously)

the "batwing" support brace

change the spline count on the tranny tail shaft.

custom shock tower adaptors and a few longer bolts

so the reverse you are asking for would need the same.

Yes part #10311201 is used on both the left and right side, As for the....lets say, "less than robust" design of the 06 Z Axles, GM did redesign the part. If the vehicle is under warranty and yours fail, they will be replaced with the new design. If you go to a dealer wanting them replaced with no failure only going by what you have heard, more than likely they will deny the claim, Reason being the Dealer has to return failed parts to the factory. If you still wish to use 05 Z Axles... list is appx. $400.00 I can get them for $300.00 (special order)

Thanks for the assist. I just talked to a buddy who is a Chevy service manager in Northern CA. I found out the newest C6/C6 Z06 axle is # 25941372, which is now the current replacement axle. I will be using these instead of the C5 axles. He referred me to GM parts direct yesterday to order them.

Unless you ordered them already......

GM parts direct is just another Dealership....find out exactly what the parts are going to cost you. What they do is sell the parts for "cost", but nail you hard on the shipping! Let me know, I might be able to beat the price for you.