7th Annual Gila Bend Cruise

Desertdawg

7th Annual

Gila Bend Cruise

Saturday February 28th 2009

Yeah it's BBQ time, I have a new roaster and I'm itching to cook 70 or 80 pounds of beef.

Who's hungry?

Please reply to this thread if you are attending

Plan your arrival time in Gila Bend after 11:00 AM.

Wear your ACE shirt. If you don't have one you can get your order in here ----> ACE Merchandise

Water will be provided, or bring your own liquid refreshment. NOTE: this is a public park so use caution with the adult drinks!

Hew Dawg, quite a few new faces here. Can you post up address and map/directions????

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Eddie44

• Big Poppa

• jstrutt

In other words, don't blink. You'll miss it.

And watch out for the houses across from the park. They could jump out in front of you.

In other words, don't blink. You'll miss it.

And watch out for the houses across from the park. They could jump out in front of you.

FAILvette.jpg

The funniest part of all that was when the LEO came over to us and asked "Did you see what happened?" and Janie replied "I think he was trying to parallel park." I almost pizzed my pants as he just walked away............. :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

North side crowd want to meet at Bell Rd and I-17 (SW corner, carpool parking lot) to cruise down to the Phoenix meeting spot?

The cougars will be in town on this weekend. Cherye, can Barb ride with you?

Just an FYI, Eddie and I are planning the 'mild' cruise to GB for this year. Since his 66 has yet to complete a 'long haul' run, we'll be running as backup in Imaginary.

still in planning stages, but I would guess we'd likely meet at the Mills with the rest of the eastside group, for photos and chat. Then mosey up the East side route to allow you hooligans space to break light speed on the West side route. So, anyone who would prefer to stay under triple digits is welcome to do the drive with us.

Ted, do you wanna come along? We'd wait for you if you tell us you're coming with.

M~

there's a way to get there and do triple digits all the way WITHOUT getting a ticket...

who will pick me up at the Gila Bend airport? I was thinking I could take one person to try and get photos of the caravan...preferably someone with a decent camera... I can go as low as 500' over that area...with exceptiion of the immediate vicinity of the prison.

I would also enjoy doing some "Discovery Flights" if anyone is interested.

DesertDawg and Tucson.

Emailed a fun group of guys and invited them to join the forum. Two C6 Coupes and one C6 Z. Sounds like one of the Coupes and the Z are in for sure. I encouraged them to register and confirm.

We're all from Tucson and a few of you mentioned meeting at I-10 and Cortaro. Did we ever settle on a time?

r.

paul

Hey Larry, Jammye just asked about you two yesterday, I ws going to send you an email today... Good timing :thumbs

Paul (coolusername) Get your friends signed up, we'll have plenty of BBQ for everyone !!!

REMEMBER!!! This is a rain or shine event, if you need to drive your non-corvette daily driver, then do it...

wickedfastvette
North side crowd want to meet at Bell Rd and I-17 (SW corner, carpool parking lot) to cruise down to the Phoenix meeting spot?

The cougars will be in town on this weekend. Cherye, can Barb ride with you?

Cale, I will meet up with you guys! don't know if I will have an open seat, but if I do she is more than welcome! You tell her why she's riding with me......... :smilelol

Barb can ride with me...

I'm just sayin.....

Paul- -Coolusername -- I assume we'll want to meet at around 8. We meet at the McDonalds parking lot on the Northwest corner of Cortaro and 10. By all means have your friends join us. The more the merrier, and it is good times.

Barb can ride with me...

I'm just sayin.....

Paul- -Coolusername -- I assume we'll want to meet at around 8. We meet at the McDonalds parking lot on the Northwest corner of Cortaro and 10. By all means have your friends join us. The more the merrier, and it is good times.

I'd be carefull though. Big Poppa's just looking for someone to replace me as interference............. :smilelol:smilelol:thumbs

Now you can get your ACE name tag to wear on the cruise. Click Here!!!

REMEMBER!!! This is a rain or shine event, if you need to drive your non-corvette daily driver, then do it...

If a '71 can cruise in the rain why not a newer Vette??????????????????????? :P

Andrew

I was going to correct it for you but I think if it looks like rain we'll be bringing the C6, not the C2. Wipers don't work that well on the 66. I will be in a Vette rain or shine!

Correction to my earlier post. Just learned our friend will be driving his new ZR1, not a Z06. Suddenly I'm a bit envious. ;)

Correction to my earlier post. Just learned our friend will be driving his new ZR1, not a Z06. Suddenly I'm a bit envious. ;)

I'm not......

I've had 2 calls looking for the times to meet....

To get to Gila Bend after 11:00am

AZ Mills mall --- 9:30am departure???

West side --- 10:30 departure???

Casa Grande --- 10:00 departure???

Yuma --- 9:30 departure???

Please confirm these times so members can start planing their arrival times.

Looks like I'm easily gullible and could use a lesson in humility. Still owns his silver Z06. The guys were messing with me. Yes, 'I'm that guy,' the one with a big L on his forehead. ;)