7th Annual Gila Bend Cruise

Desertdawg

Now it's starting to look like a party!

I'll be cooking up a monster pan of BBQ beef, about 25 pounds of potatoe salad, enough beans to fuel a tanker, and a pile-o-brownies!

If anyone has any special dietery requests, please let me know!

No seeds or stems in the brownies please...

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Eddie44

• Big Poppa

• jstrutt

Quicksilver98
Welcome back Malcolm. Thought of you tonight as I drove through Ft. Stockton.

Tucson peeps, let's do our usual and meet up at Mikky Deez on Cortaro and I-10..... Looks like the Phoenix crowd is bailing on the CG idea, so we're on our own.

Cortaro & I10 Works for me! Just name a time.

WOULD LOVE TO ATTEND THIS EVENT. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO GET THERE. IF SOME ARE MEETING SOMEWHERE BEFORE GOING DOWN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THIS WILL BE MY FIRST
EVENT AND I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING ALL OF YOU.

KINGRON

Last year the main route from Phoenix was through the east side of the Valley, down I-10 east to I-8 and west to Gila Bend.

This year it is through the west Valley down I-10 west to SR85 and south to Gila Bend. A good place to meet up on the west side seems to be the Lowe's parking lot at Dysart Rd and McDowell Rd.

I don't think there's been a departure time decided but here's the meeting place for the Phx group.

WOULD LOVE TO ATTEND THIS EVENT. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO GET THERE. IF SOME ARE MEETING SOMEWHERE BEFORE GOING DOWN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THIS WILL BE MY FIRST

EVENT AND I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING ALL OF YOU.

KINGRON

This year the final meet before heading down should be at the Lowes on Dysart near I-10. IF you are on the east side there will be a caravan from there, then heading to the Lowes.

Keep posted for more details.

Welcome back Malcolm. Thought of you tonight as I drove through Ft. Stockton.

Tucson peeps, let's do our usual and meet up at Mikky Deez on Cortaro and I-10..... Looks like the Phoenix crowd is bailing on the CG idea, so we're on our own.

I imagine we'd still meet up with the CG folks...

Im Going to try and make this if I can get the day off?!!??? Instead of meeting on I-10 we should meet on I-8 at the thorton rd exit. Thats for the CG and Tuscon group

It's on my calendar Dwayne, but I'll only go on one condition...Will there be another C5 WILD OFFROAD BURNOUT this year? :burnout I'll see if Jim can make it as well this year. :banannadance:

I cook the food, and do the dish's. I don't tell people how to drive.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!!!

Will look forward to being there and meeting you folks

This is definitely the best chance to meet fellow ACE folks. Good to see so many new folks jumping in on this event!

Just an FYI, Eddie and I are planning the 'mild' cruise to GB for this year. Since his 66 has yet to complete a 'long haul' run, we'll be running as backup in Imaginary.

still in planning stages, but I would guess we'd likely meet at the Mills with the rest of the eastside group, for photos and chat. Then mosey up the East side route to allow you hooligans space to break light speed on the West side route. So, anyone who would prefer to stay under triple digits is welcome to do the drive with us.

Ted, do you wanna come along? We'd wait for you if you tell us you're coming with.

M~

Last year's cruise:

HPIM0180.jpg

Just an FYI, Eddie and I are planning the 'mild' cruise to GB for this year. Since his 66 has yet to complete a 'long haul' run, we'll be running as backup in Imaginary.

still in planning stages, but I would guess we'd likely meet at the Mills with the rest of the eastside group, for photos and chat. Then mosey up the East side route to allow you hooligans space to break light speed on the West side route. So, anyone who would prefer to stay under triple digits is welcome to do the drive with us.

Ted, do you wanna come along? We'd wait for you if you tell us you're coming with.

M~

You guys sure you want to go around the east side of town? Why not just come over to the west side and we'll all go together that way. I'd love to put all the C3's and any C2's in a line. Just cruise...

You guys sure you want to go around the east side of town? Why not just come over to the west side and we'll all go together that way. I'd love to put all the C3's and any C2's in a line. Just cruise...

If we gang up on her we can convince her Ted :thumbs

I'd like to meet up with the whole crew, just bring up the rear. Melissa and I can come around the 101 and meet you at the westside meeting point.

I'd like to meet up with the whole crew, just bring up the rear. Melissa and I can come around the 101 and meet you at the westside meeting point.

There ya go. Don't be lonesome losers! I'll go the speed limit for sure...

There ya go. Don't be lonesome losers! I'll go the speed limit for sure...

Argh! I thought it would be nice to stay outta the way, but if you guys want to bottleneck the group....I suppose I'm game, even if it is the westside (shiver)....

M~

We won't bottleneck the group if we leave last. We just need to make sure Dawg saves us some lunch.

Besides we may get there first if the po po catch up with them again this year. You know the turtle and hare thing :lol

Guest RojoSi5
Just Joined and would like to join the event in Gila Bend.

Looking forward to meeting all of you.

We would love to have you at your first Gila Bend BBQ. Look forward to seeing you there

Janie

Hi my name is Cesar I'm a new member ( registered last April ) Me and my wife Wilma wants to attend this event. I want to know what I need to bring and also need to know the exact address of the place. Thanks

Hi my name is Cesar I'm a new member ( registered last April ) Me and my wife Wilma wants to attend this event. I want to know what I need to bring and also need to know the exact address of the place. Thanks

Bring you, the wife, the car.

Serious.

Hit the meet up spot, you won't need the address!