Looking for a good place to tint

Simon

Desertdawg

I go see Chris on the 15th to get mine redone, we're tired of looking at the ragged edges!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Bigfoot

• Eddie44

• Ted Y

Well I saw Chris today (monday) morning, he did a beautiful job replacing the tint on mine! No pics cause it looks the same, just without the peeling edges and bubbles! I talked to him about some new stickers, I'll post up as soon as we get some details worked out!

I'm glad you guys had a good experience with Chris. After three unanswered voicemails I left, he finally answered. Chris was in the middle of a job and asked to call me back (understandable). That was a week ago and no return call. I got fed up and got a referral from Corvette Kid to call JR at Supreme Tint 602-550-8468. He answered his phone, set an appointment, arrived early and did a fantastic job on the Infiniti and only took an hour. Very nice guy to boot. Thanks for the referral Sean.

Digital Disaster

I'm glad you guys had a good experience with Chris. After three unanswered voicemails I left, he finally answered. Chris was in the middle of a job and asked to call me back (understandable). That was a week ago and no return call.

I got fed up and got a referral from Corvette Kid to call JR at Supreme Tint 602-550-8468. He answered his phone, set an appointment, arrived early and did a fantastic job on the Infiniti and only took an hour. Very nice guy to boot.

Thanks for the referral Sean.

That sounds familiar. After going through the same thing with Chris (see my earlier post where this d*ckhead blew me off for weeks), I finally got a hold of him. He claimed he'd had pneumonia (for 3 weeks?), and promised he'd get right back with an appointment - over 2 weeks ago(!) He's not return messages left since, and I hate myself for not telling him to FO weeks ago.

I don't know how tools like this stay in business, but I wouldn't use him if he paid me $1000 to do my car.

Next, I made an appointment with Vader Tinting for this last Saturday and you guessed it, just before they were due, they called and said they couldn't make it. They reset the appointment for this Tuesday morning, but I'm inclined to go with someone else. Maybe I'll call Supreme.

I'm glad you guys had a good experience with Chris. After three unanswered voicemails I left, he finally answered. Chris was in the middle of a job and asked to call me back (understandable). That was a week ago and no return call.

I got fed up and got a referral from Corvette Kid to call JR at Supreme Tint 602-550-8468. He answered his phone, set an appointment, arrived early and did a fantastic job on the Infiniti and only took an hour. Very nice guy to boot.

Thanks for the referral Sean.

That sounds familiar. After going through the same thing with Chris (see my earlier post where this d*ckhead blew me off for weeks), I finally got a hold of him. He claimed he'd had pneumonia (for 3 weeks?), and promised he'd get right back with an appointment - over 2 weeks ago(!) He's not return messages left since, and I hate myself for not telling him to FO weeks ago.

I don't know how tools like this stay in business, but I wouldn't use him if he paid me $1000 to do my car.

Next, I made an appointment with Vader Tinting for this last Saturday and you guessed it, just before they were due, they called and said they couldn't make it. They reset the appointment for this Tuesday morning, but I'm inclined to go with someone else. Maybe I'll call Supreme.

Maybe it has to do with the amount of business they have in May, June and thru the summer months. If you're going to get it done maybe a little planning and getting it done in Jan or Feb when a ton of others aren't calling em too.

Maybe it has to do with the amount of business they have in May, June and thru the summer months. If you're going to get it done maybe a little planning and getting it done in Jan or Feb when a ton of others aren't calling em too.

:agree when Chris was doing my car, he said this is one of the busiest times of the year for him (which would include other tinters as well).

OK. So Chris is busy. Great for him. BUT, if a business person does not answer the phone or return messages, or call back when they say they will, then I will not give them my money. He's in a service industry. I will not do business with a company that does not offer good customer service. I will pay a little extra for top notch service. That's just me. JR at Supreme answered the phone every time I called, bent over backward to make an appointment, showed up early and did a great job. If he cost an extra $50 or $100, I say it's worth every penny. If Chris had said, "Hey, I'm super busy this month. The earliest I can make an appointment is July or August." I would totally respect that. I would probably go with someone else, but I wouldn't be trashing him, either. Instead, I got silence. If he shows up to tint your car, good for you. I hear he does good work. I wouldn't know.

I agree 100% with you Ted but my point was that I made the appt early in the year and he made it. If I remember correctly he was a few mins late for the appt and called to tell me he was on his way. I don't know that I would use Chris if I were you or others that have had difficulty but I had zip for difficulty. It's like try and find and A/C guy that shows up on time for an appt this time of year. It can happen but the majority are working 12-14 hrs a day for a lot of problems that could have been fixed in Jan. I had Sean tint my house in late april before his "busy season". I believe in planning ahead or expect some problems, but in your case you just bought the vehicle so you have an excuse.

Yep, I bought my Infiniti in May. I could not have scheduled the tint for an off month without waiting until Fall. Luckily, I got the job done and wanted to share a referral.

And on top of that, he runs his tint business from his car and cell phone. He does not have an office that I know of and he gets lots of calls while working on the car.

I called Chris until he answered, took about 5 tries over 2 days... I hate voice mail so I hate leaving them too... After we set an appointment, I called twice more to confirm it. While he was tinting mine I bet his phone rang 20 more times, a bunch of those were while he was working the wet tint so he just let it ring. I even commented about him needing an answering service! Plus 2 of the calls were to order more supplies.... I'm not saying Chris is the one and only tinter, he did a great job on mine but I'm sure there are a few others that will take care of ACE members once they know we are talking about them on our forum!

Digital Disaster

The guys from Vader came out yesterday and did a great job.

It's one hellava job shaping the single piece for the C4 rear window (especially in this kind of heat), -for what they charge, it's the bargain of the century.

If you want to be blown off, call Chris

If you want a great job and good customer service, call Vader Window Tinting: (602) 348-6661

• 2 weeks later...
Corvette Kid

Glad you finally got taken care of!

As many of you know I own a residential/commercial window tinting business and I am good friends with both Chris and JR...they are both GREAT car tinters. I send them both referrals all the time. This is my busy season as well and a lot of times it is hard for us to answer our phone while we are working...many times I am up on a ladder 20 feet in the air trying to hang a 6ft x 8ft piece of film....there is NO WAY I can answer my phone while doing this, so many times you will have to leave a message. That being said....there is NO excuse to NOT return a phone call when people are trying to give you money for your services.

Desertdawg

I talked to Chris yesterday again about the ACE logo vinyl cutouts, he has the logo and he said it will look great, but is swamped right now!!!

Corvette Kid

I talked to Chris yesterday again about the ACE logo vinyl cutouts, he has the logo and he said it will look great, but is swamped right now!!!

Just so you know..I also own a vinyl plotter.......

• 3 months later...

I know this is an old post, but folks look here for tips. Here's one, I had my 87 Coupe done in August 09 at Midway Chevrolet on Bell Rd + I-17. They had a sale for $129.99, plus $20 more for a visor stripe across the top of the windshield. That's half price and I got a good quality Solar Guard tint and an excellent fit. Went legal 35% on side door windows and 20% on the fast-back, so I can still see out at night. Too dark can actually absorb more heat and the medium reflects the same UV and keeps the car just as cool in our AZ summers. At Midway, ask for the Accessories manager. 602-387-7572.

Friday I met with Chris from A Darker Shade again with the C6 at the Chads house and once again Chris did a fantastic job on my new ride. If you call him for tint be sure to tell him your with ACE and he'll take care of you, I know I he will be my first choice from now on! A Darker Shade Chris - 623-204-9615

• 4 months later...
Guest 1FASTC4

I called Chris and left a message. No call back. I'm self employed and I understand business needs but failure to return a call is inexcusable. I'll be calling someone else tomorrow.

In Chris' defense I think the last time he didn't call back he was out of town on a family emergency or some such thing. I feel your pain but I sure hope you get the same quality and price.

I used JR at Supreme Tint. Great service and excellent work. 602.550.8468 I had the same issue more than once with Chris that you did.

• 3 months later...

I just had my Z tinted and I'm very happy with the quick response to my call, the courtesy of the owner and the quality of the material and care he took in making the back window "primo". I went with a non metalic, carbon material. I'd never even think to give this a try after watching what he goes through. As it turns out, he's been in the biz for over 20 years and spoke at length about the days when there wasn't any of those little dots (frit?) around the border of the glass and how one of the most difficult ones are the C4 back window. In his experience THE most difficult is a Porsche 944 back window. In spite of how may percieve me, and I can't imagine why...lol, this time I'd like to pass along "a good thing": AZ Tint Pros Andrew "Drew" Sommer 602-388-7717

Always good to get a personal recommendation John! :thumbs