Tanya's C5 seats in my 82

Desertdawg

Well I mounted the set of C5 seats I bought from Tanya in my CE today, I'm not sure what the C5 color is, but I couldn't have asked for the color match to be any closer.

We are going to test them out for now, and possibly get them recovered later in a CE pattern.

I had to mount my C3 sliders on the C5 seat frame, it wasn't to bad, they are aluminum, plus I tapped all the rear mounting holes, so it bolted to the frames just like the original ones did.

Overall the fit is great, they are about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch taller, so being 6'2"+, my head is kind of close to the T Top, if I lean the seat back (where I like it anyway) I can wear my baseball cap with ease...

I had to cut the wiring harness on the drivers seat so I could use the C5 control. I had to splice in the power connection C3 to C5, and also the motor plug C3 to C5, It was pretty easy, 3 motor's, 6 control wires, (of course none of the colors matched) so I just mated one motor up at a time, and it worked good...

Daylight was fading fast so I will get some pictures of them tomorrow...

Thanks Tanya, my butt will think of you every time I sit on it... moon.gif

Wow, I'm impressed! I do a project like that and end up making 5 or 6 trips to Home Depot or NAPA. You don't have those down in GB. How do you do it?

Wow, I'm impressed!  I do a project like that and end up making 5 or 6 trips to Home Depot or NAPA.  You don't have those down in GB.  How do you do it?

I second that!

Its not usually the car projects that make me run to the store 15 times , its when i work on the damn house :\

Got any pics of the install? Or are you gonna make us wait until the next gathering ?

Over the last 20 years I have just about figured out everything a guy could ever need to complete any project. Then I learned how to get by without it...

Or I send the wife to the parts store... :lol (No one tell her I said that. :mad )

This was an easy job, just had to drill some holes, tap a few of those, cut one finger and break 2 finger nails using them as a screwdriver, splice a bunch of wires, and try to not let the smoke out of them while I did it. Then bolt it all back together and hope it all fits. (if the last part is good, you don't need the BFH! :bang )

Being cheap and raising kids will teach you how to repair just about anything, but mostly its being cheap...

Being cheap and raising kids will teach you how to repair just about anything, but mostly its being cheap...

I've always said all a guy really needs is baling wire, duct tape, WD40, pliers and a BFH. With those five things you can rule the world! :thumbs

And what do you do with all the parts left over? :willy

Ron

I have the seat rails up for sale if you need them, let me know here and I will make you a great deal...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread...534&forum_id=52

I think the color match is close enough for now, and if our butts like them we can get them recovered later in more of a CE look...

seats1.jpg

seats2.jpg

Seats look very :cool:thumbs

I'm sure Ken King at VE could probably come up with something more CE. :lol:lol

And what do you do with all the parts left over? :willy 

Ron

I have the seat rails up for sale if you need them, let me know here and I will make you a great deal...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread...534&forum_id=52

I think the color match is close enough for now, and if our butts like them we can get them recovered later in more of a CE look...

seats1.jpg

seats2.jpg

i'm sort of a pac-rat - but if it were me, i'd be keeping the old parts - you NEVER know if you might get more for an all original CE than an "upgraded" one - you know how that works - just food for thought!

Guest XLR8TNC5

Wow, those do look GREAT in your C3. Im glad you like them and I am sorry for the pain and hassle you went through to get them in there. lol.

Take it easy,

Tanya

Wow, those do look GREAT in your C3. Im glad you like them and I am sorry for the pain and hassle you went through to get them in there. lol.

Take it easy,

Tanya

i'll bet it was nothing compared to what mark went through to get those corbeaus on YOUR car! :cuss

Thanks Tanya :thumbs

I did mine in one day, I think it was allot easier than your install.... :P

Looking good Dwayne! I'm amazed at how well those fit! and you say the seats are taller....? :cool

hope to see them in person one of these days when you get out this way-

Melissa

Well the seat backs are taller, but what I was referring to was the seat bottom, now when I sit in it, my head is about 1/2 higher than with the stock seat.

Thats the biggest problem with replacing the C3 seats is the height of the seat compared to the stock one. If your tall you won't fit with taller seats.