97-04 Magnaflow x-pipe

Guest Sidewinder

Guest Sidewinder

We are selling because we just got the LG long tubes and x-pipe. There is a small amount of cutting involved, but it is a very easy install and I used clamps , so there is no welding. I used a cutting wheel and my drill. I think I even have some new GM gaskets I will throw in. I can send pics. Thanks!

Nice MSG by the way. Here is my old one

Mark

post-4-1130567241.jpg

Guest XLR8TNC5

Yes, this is the magna Flow X-pipe from my car that we are selling. I upgraded to the headers and didn't need this Magnaflow due to the LG's coming with their own already.

The X-pipe was MAYBE on my car 3,000 miles. Very possibly half that.

See sig below to see car it was on. Yeah, can you believe he sold the MSG so he can start saving for that Shelby GT500! Trust me, it is very hard to be married to a FORD guy when I am a total CHEVY chick. lol.

Take care,

Tanya

Guest azmusclecar
Yes, this is the magna Flow X-pipe from my car that we are selling. I upgraded to the headers and didn't need this Magnaflow due to the LG's coming with their own already.

The X-pipe was MAYBE on my car 3,000 miles. Very possibly half that.

See sig below to see car it was on. Yeah, can you believe he sold the MSG so he can start saving for that Shelby GT500! Trust me, it is very hard to be married to a FORDĀ  guy when I am a total CHEVY chick. lol.

Take care,

Tanya

Tanya......have you thought about calling CPS......Child Protective Services? I mean if your husband would do something like sell YOUR car to save for WHAT???? A FORD GT? Are you having him commited?

And I do not know your age but I am assuming he took advantage of your youth in his decision to sell your car, thus I suggested the CHILD protective services.

Usually when I hear horror stories like this, I have to hand part of the blame back to you Tanya because evidently you did not do a thorough background check on this guy you married. You didn't go through his trash to find the smutty Ford magazines with the centerfolds of blue ovals did you?

Ah yes, a person's trash speaks volumes of the person..........

I shred all of mine................... :thumbs

Well I am trying to put an exhaust package together I will be happy with...and I was not sure if I wanted to go to headers or not. So your pipe, was attached to your stock headers correct? And your stock cats correct?

And what kind of seat of the pants feel did you get from this X pipe? :P

And what kind of seat of the pants thrill is your husband :devil going to get for selling your lovely SPIRAL GRAY METALLIC CAR??????????????

May I suggest a large foot?????????? :thumbs

Rob

Guest azmusclecar
We are selling because we just got the LG long tubes and x-pipe. There is a small amount of cutting involved, but it is a very easy install and I used clamps , so there is no welding. I used a cutting wheel and my drill. I think I even have some new GM gaskets I will throw in. I can send pics. Thanks!

Nice MSG by the way. Here is my old one

Mark

Okay...............first it is YOUR OLD CAR..and then Tanya said it's hers...... :huh

Mark.......Mark.......Mark............................I reread your email and it says "WE" :huh are selling yet it was YOUR :huh old car.

You sure can find out a lot about a person in their posts................ :huh

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............... :huh

I asked if the x pipe was connected to stock headers or manifolds, and then to stock cats. Did you use BAND style clamps to keep everything tight without welding?

And what kind of seat of the pants feel did you get with this x-pipe? And be mindful people can read what you write.......... :P

Rob

Mark had the MSG C5 but went astray and sold it a couple months ago. Tanya has the blk C5 that I believe the x-pipe came off from.

I have stock exhaust up to the Borla Stingers. From everything I've read the x-pipe won't really give you a noticeable sotp difference but it will stop the motor boat sound and some of the popping on deceleration. Some people claim a sotp difference, so it may depend on the brand of x-pipe.

Any luck Mark will drive one of those Shelby's and come right back to the General. :yesnod

Guest azmusclecar

Thanks for the info. :thumbs ...and for setting the story straight.....sorry, :crazy I'm the new guy here and I don't have a scorecard to keep track of all the players. :howdy

Guest Sidewinder
have stock exhaust up to the Borla Stingers. From everything I've read the x-pipe won't really give you a noticeable sotp difference but it will stop the motor boat sound and some of the popping on deceleration. Some people claim a sotp difference, so it may depend on the brand of x-pipe.

Well, reading about it and having one is totally different. You WILL notice a gain in low end torque. Magnaflow is the best x-pipe made. Yes, it was bolted to the stock exhaust manifolds and stock cats with u-bolts. Put it this way, I put one on Tanya's C5 and when I bought my car I went out and got one for my '03 I just sold. If I thought it was a waste of money I would not have put on on my '03. I read that the C6 Z06 is fast but I don't own one so I can't tell you how fast it is.

Guest XLR8TNC5

Alrighty! Let me clarify this up for EVERYONE.

1. The X-pipe for sale is the X-pipe off of MY BLACK C5. The BLACK C5 in the SIG is TANYA's car! I STILL HAVE IT AND WILL NEVER GET RID OF IT! :D

2. THE 03 MSG that the husband just sold, was HIS C5. Thus, he has every right to sell it should he be unhappy with it. LOL. He is, was, and will always be a FORD man. I don't fault him for that, as he tried dearly to turn over to the "DARK" side with his wife, knowing that she is a CHEVY kind of gal. THe fact he sold his 03 MSG C5, is no big deal, as it does not effect ME and MY BLACK C5 beast!

3. I LOVED the X-pipe on my car. I felt a difference and I drove it EVERY day to be able to tell you from EXPERIENCE what kind of power difference the X-pipe made. Not only did it quiet a bit of the Gurgle and blep blep blep motoboat sounds *maybe 15% or so), but it just made the low end torque feel REALLY good. IF anyone is qualified to give you an objective point of view of this piece of equipment, it would be I.

4. Mark works on my car and does a lot for me when it comes to installing my mods. I make my own money, I tell him what I want, I do the research on making sure I am buying the BEST that money can by and I allow him to make the changes on the car. He was very impressed with the X-pipe I chose and thus, put the SAME one on his 03 MSG.

5. When he sold the MSG, everything he had done to it, went with. However, on MY (Tanya's black C5) I decided to recently upgrade to different headers, and a shitload of other stuff. The header system I chose came with an X-pipe already. THUS, I did not need the MAGNAFLOW anymore.

So, Magnaflow X-pipe for sale! Less than 3,000 miles. $175 takes it. I have not put it corvettefurum yet, thought I would give a member/local a chance at it first.

Anyone interested?

Thanks,

Tanya

Guest azmusclecar
have stock exhaust up to the Borla Stingers. From everything I've read the x-pipe won't really give you a noticeable sotp difference but it will stop the motor boat sound and some of the popping on deceleration. Some people claim a sotp difference, so it may depend on the brand of x-pipe.

Well, reading about it and having one is totally different. You WILL notice a gain in low end torque. Magnaflow is the best x-pipe made. Yes, it was bolted to the stock exhaust manifolds and stock cats with u-bolts. Put it this way, I put one on Tanya's C5 and when I bought my car I went out and got one for my '03 I just sold. If I thought it was a waste of money I would not have put on on my '03. I read that the C6 Z06 is fast but I don't own one so I can't tell you how fast it is.

Well....I guess until I figure out what I am going to do.. :crazy .....I don't want to hold you up on a sale on the Forum. I hate to buy it and then decide to go with headers.

I would like to move up to headers but I am taking the Vette back to Penna next summer and I may register it back there and live there part of the year. The insurance and tags are much more reasonable BUT Penna just started their emissions programs and I need to find out just how technical they get regarding headers.

Who knows if I have a sudden mod impulse to buy, you may hear from me yet....or I may buy it on the Corvette Forum for more money............. :crazy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest azmusclecar

does any percentage of that sale go to this forum? :toetap We are happy for YOU but there is this thing called "US"................