Drag Racing - Speedworld - Nov. 20th - Club event

BSeery

Count me in. One ? thou. Does the driver side window have to be able to go down, because mine stripped a gear and wont move. If I have to I will get it down and leave it that way. Thanks, Robert :burnout:burnout

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BSeery

• Togo

• 1EvilC5

• Desertdawg

Count me in. One ? thou. Does the driver side window have to be able to go down, because mine stripped a gear and wont move. If I have to I will get it down and leave it that way. Thanks, Robert :burnout:burnout

i thought you had to run windows up last time we were at firebird - i'm guessing they have similar standards - it would keep you in the vehicle in the event something happened - or at least until the glass broke :leaving

I'm going to try to make it. What time should we be there???????

Gates open at 9:00 a.m. Try and get there close to 9:00 a.m. as possible.

You will have to go through tech inspection and racing starts at 10 a.m.

I would like everyone to be there before 9:30. I have to give them a list of who is driving in what car (and car numbers, which you get at tech) by 9:45.

They will set us up a lane for our club. We will then do probably 3 runs to find out what times the cars are running. From there the track will set us up in "qualifying order" for bracket racing. After we do the bracket racing then we have open track for the rest of the day as long as we want.

They have concessions there so bring cash for breakfast and lunch. Don't forget a helmet and proper clothes.

Guest AZ Power & Sound

looks like AZFBA has a track day same time same place :) Two birds with one stone for me! I will be out there making my supra passes on street tires unless I locate some drag radials :)

looks like AZFBA has a track day same time same place :) Two birds with one stone for me! I will be out there making my supra passes on street tires unless I locate some drag radials :)

Why not bring the Vette and run with us instead? Or were you going to bring 2 cars?

Why not bring the Vette and run with us instead? Or were you going to bring 2 cars?

i'd drive his vette to the track - as my vette doesn't look to be finished - the tranny shop has not called yet - so i'm gonna be a no show - AGAIN! DAMNIT!!!!!!! :cuss

:leaving

Guest AZ Power & Sound

it will be the corvette making passes like a supra does :) Last friday I went 12.2@127 so I got made fun of for it :D

Guest XLR8TNC5

I just have a few little things to get ironed out on my baby, Plan to do that today, Once those get done,I am ready for Sunday! YEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Man, I can't wait to get those 11's!!!

Oh yeah, Mark and I will both be racing the car, so does that count for 2 entries? We will have two tech numbers on it.

Tanya

P.S. Expecially now that I learned how to do a damn burnout. Who knew it was so easy? lmao....I know....Im a stupid girl....lol. :D

I just have a few little things to get ironed out on my baby, Plan to do that today, Once those get done,I am ready for Sunday! YEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Oh yeah, Mark and I will both be racing the car, so does that count for 2 entries? We will have two tech numbers on it.

Tanya

P.S. Expecially now that I learned how to do a damn burnout. Who knew it was so easy? lmao....I know....Im a stupid girl....lol. :D

Hmmm -- two drivers. I wonder how we will work that one. Hope that you won't have to race against him I guess.

Tanya

P.S. Expecially now that I learned how to do a damn burnout. Who knew it was so easy? lmao....I know....Im a stupid girl....lol.  :D

Hmmm -- two drivers. I wonder how we will work that one. Hope that you won't have to race against him I guess.

:agree

Mark needs to get his own darn car. Jeez....you don't have to share everything. Oh, yeah, I forgot - I'm the one sharing a login name....Uh, never mind.... :lol

Melissa

Any of you east siders (Seery, Piller, Philly??) want to meet and cruise up together? Was thinking about leaving around 7.30 am from the Safeway on the NE corner of Ray and McQueen. Sunday morning highways should be delicious.....

Any of you east siders (Seery, Piller, Philly??) want to meet and cruise up together? Was thinking about leaving around 7.30 am from the Safeway on the NE corner of Ray and McQueen. Sunday morning highways should be delicious.....

Meet at 730, grab some starbucks and bagels and hit the road by 8:00. It shouldn't take us the full hour to get there.

we can take the 101 all the way around to Bell, or 101 - 60 - 10 - 101 north - bell - grand ave.

Guest XLR8TNC5
Mark needs to get his own darn car. Jeez....you don't have to share everything. Oh, yeah, I forgot - I'm the one sharing a login name....Uh, never mind.... :lol

Melissa

I know, I know. We're working on it....lol.

Brian,

I stopped by the Vets and Vettes today and made an appearance. Met up with Ken and met some cool :cool Z06 owners. The sounded like they were going to make it out tomorrow. They sounded pretty pumped about going.

Lets hope they make it out tomorrow.

Phil... :devil

Phil, thanks for stopping by the Vettes for Vets today. I would have gone but I had a "honey do" that I have put off for about 3 - 5 years now. That was to take Tracy to the Drag Boat races at Firebird.

So, since I did that today I get to go racing tomorrow.

See you all there around 9:00 a.m. at the track. See the east side group at Safeway at Ray and McQueen at around 7:30 a.m. for caffeine and bagels.

Guest waymirec

So it looks like the best route for those of us in the South West part of the valley is to take I10 West to the 303 north up to 60/Grand. That sound about right or is the map not showing something I should be aware of?