• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BSeery

• Togo

• 1EvilC5

• Desertdawg

New clutch is in, 'feels great' and should be broke in by next weekend!!

Lookin forward to have a fun day!!

Ken

Ken what clutch did you go with?

New clutch is in, 'feels great' and should be broke in by next weekend!!

Lookin forward to have a fun day!!

Ken

Ken what clutch did you go with?

at dyno day he mentioned spec III - so i'll bet that's what he has

and did mike hook ya up???? :thumbs

:burnout

SPEC III+

I have to drive it in city traffic, upshift down shift kind of stuff till it beds with the resurfaced flywheel!

I play a bit with TRYING to slip it and get it hot and people look at you " Wow look at the azz with the Vette that can't drive a stick"!!

Some vibration at 2200 in different circumstances?? We will see if they work in!

So far, I'm happy

FYI, metal disc's grab right now and HARD!!

Ken

Ken, is that a full disk metallic? If so I think I have the 1st one. :D The problem I have is clutch drag right now. It is a hydraulic issue. I am not getting full disengagement. I am pretty certain I have a little air in mine, but since I have to pull the Exhaust, I haven't bled it yet..

I have around 10,000 on mine now.

Yes it is!

Mike said after I get 3-400 street miles on it, he will change fluids and bleed it out again! Then I can go racing! Guess what I'm going to be doing this weekend??

Anybody need a beer run!! :rolf:rolf:willy:willy

Ken

Ken, is that a full disk metallic? If so I think I have the 1st one. :D The problem I have is clutch drag right now. It is a hydraulic issue. I am not getting full disengagement. I am pretty certain I have a little air in mine, but since I have to pull the Exhaust, I haven't bled it yet..

Maybe get Mike at AZ Power to bleed it for ya ?

3,503 lbs of trouble
Yes it is!

Mike said after I get 3-400 street miles on it, he will change fluids and bleed it out again! Then I can go racing! Guess what I'm going to be doing this weekend??

"James, (clap, clap) break in the clutch!

Ken, is that a full disk metallic? If so I think I have the 1st one.  :D  The problem I have is clutch drag right now. It is a hydraulic issue. I am not getting full disengagement. I am pretty certain I have a little air in mine, but since I have to pull the Exhaust, I haven't bled it yet..

Maybe get Mike at AZ Power to bleed it for ya ?

I "THINK" I can handle it since I am the one that installed it. I also rebuilt the Z06 transmission that is in it and installed the 4.11s in it too.. :) Other than the dyno tune at AZP&S, I prefer to perform my own work.

It is just my 4x4 is taking all my time right now. Not much longer though as it is almost finished.

I wasn't saying that you COULDN'T handle it, I was suggesting that maybe if you didn't have the time to do it yourself then Mike could.

Bryan,

Is this the latest head count??

There are a few of my Z06 friends coming in Sat for the Vettes for Vets show and I am trying to get them to stay overnight and beat the hell out of their cars on a Sunday!!

They are coming from Sierra Vista, Tucson, Yuma and Casa Grande! There will be about ten in all and I'm hoping to get three or four to stay the night!!

Ken

Yes it is!

Anybody need a beer run!! :rolf  :rolf  :willy  :willy

"James, (clap, clap) break in the clutch!

If you had access to the track I'd give it to you for the weekend!!

Stop and Go driving sucks SO bad!!

Ken

Bryan,

Is this the latest head count??

There are a few of my Z06 friends coming in Sat for the Vettes for Vets show and I am trying to get them to stay overnight and beat the hell out of their cars on a Sunday!!

They are coming from Sierra Vista, Tucson, Yuma and Casa Grande! There will be about ten in all and I'm hoping to get three or four to stay the night!!

Ken

That head count is as current as possible.

Looks like 10 confirmed, and 3 maybe. I would like a full 16 or more if possible. 10 or more and we should be ok.

See if your ZO6 buddies want to race, heck it's only $20. Tell them to remember to bring their helmet with them.

Yes it is!

Ken

Like a "Smokey & the Bandit Beer Run"

:burnout:burnout:burnout:burnout

Where is AZ power???

Come on Mike, I saw your car at the Pav's tonight so I know you don't work 24/7!!

I want to see how I do against you without spray!!

Step up Bud!!

Ken

BTW, you tightened up the stock linkage and I have to concentrate on what gear I want now instead of just throwing and seeing what happens!! Too bad you didn't cut it down and shorten the throw!!

Guest XLR8TNC5

HEHEHEHE! I CANT WAIT FOR THE 20th. Sorry,I just ran across this thread again and I got all excited and had to post I am a CONFIRMED! But then again, you all knew that anyway.

I got the Nitto 555R Drag Radials mounted and balanced today......they are awesome.

See you all next SUNDAY!

Tanya

P.S. Glad to see you got your clutch done finally Ken. Now I can see what your car is REALLY made of. Also Mike......Get your ass out here with us on the 20th. Your car wants to get back on the track. And don't tell me YOUR clutch is in need of replacing too. That excuse has already been used.... :lol

Well tonight at the party I brought up the fact that this was bracket racing, and now SOMEONE doesn't want to race.

I understand that you've got 20K in your car and can kick all our asses on the strip, but can ya cut a decent light? How's your 60' times?? Can you handle being out driven by someone in a slower car????

We'll see if he steps up and will bracket race or if he just want to brag about being the fastest (and not the best) driver.

;)

Guest XLR8TNC5

I'll be honest with you all here. I don't really care for Bracket racing either, but I want to get my car out on the track, so Ill put up with it this time. :P

I do think it helps to get in different categories of racing experience, so Im not gonna bail out because it is bracket racing scenario. I may not prefer it, but Im not going to miss out on having a good time either. Regardless of how much money any person has in their car, if you don't put up, then I would say quit talking it up. I could really care less how much more hp anyone has than me. If you can't prove it on the track, then it really doesn't matter.

Don't anyone take what I said here personally, as it is not an attack on any one person, it simply that I was raised to race on the track, not the street and even though I play around on the street here and there, I know that the REAL skill of driving a car with the kind of power we all aspire to doesn't really count for much if you don't have that time slip in your hand to prove you know what you are doing with all that power.

Take it easy all,

Tanya

I don't understand why the fuss over bracket racing. You still get to run your car as hard as you want. It's not like you have to go slower or anything like that. To me, being the faster car in a bracket situation is fun because you have to try and catch up and pass him - like doing a "fly by". Most people who say they hate bracket racing seem to never really understand the idea and background of drag racing. Just like the people who say they hate NASCAR and never went to an event or never put a car on the track.

If nobody wants to do brackets, that fine, we won't. I just know that I would rather know that I had more skill as driver over someone than know that I don't have as much money as someone.

If you have to win by only racing heads up over known slower cars and that's what entertains you, then stick to the heads up stuff.

To me there are two types of drag racing -- and I am not talking street racing. 1. You are in a rules restricted class where everyone has the same size engine, same power adders, same tire size, and then you race heads up. The challenge there is who can get the most out of the same package and has the best skill.

2. Bracket racing. No rules restricting you from running an 8 second car. Build what you want and race it as hard as you want. But then you have to do brackets or you will never have equal and fair competition to see who is the better driver.

I figured brackets would be better considering the mix of cars (c3 stock, modified, C4 stock and mod and C5 / ZO6 stock and mod) and the big difference in the experience level of the drivers that will be there. I know if I could only afford a base level c3 / c4 and I had no track time, I sure wouldn't want to come out to track day to have the high dollar faster cars kick my ass all day long. What fun is that for a new driver ? Why would they want to come back to the track again?

I guess we will have to figure it out at the track.

I have no idea why you would be against brackets??

Do you just want to do a million runs or what??

Yes, the offset tree is distracting and R/T's do mean something, but the time slips are the same except your 'best' ET or MPH may be on a yellow slip instead of a white one!!

I like the idea!!

It's about consistency!!

If I guess wrong on my dial-in and breakout, who cares, I'm getting better...........

We aren't racing for $$ and this sets the finish line as the equalizer!!

Bring on the big HP and ET streets, lets see who takes the white time slips home :thumbs

Ken

also - after we are done with competitive driving we will still be able to do passes for fun until they close. We may have enough time to do brackets and then do some heads up "grudge" matches.

I am going to try to make it. The ol 84 goes on jack stands tomorrow at 3pm. Hopefully I can her running reliably to join some events.

I'll be honest with you all here. I don't really care for Bracket racing either, but I want to get my car out on the track, so Ill put up with it this time.  :P

I do think it helps to get in different categories of racing experience, so Im not gonna bail out because it is bracket racing scenario. I may not prefer it, but Im not going to miss out on having a good time either. Regardless of how much money any person has in their car, if you don't put up, then I would say quit talking it up. I could really care less how much more hp anyone has than me. If you can't prove it on the track, then it really doesn't matter.

Don't anyone take what I said here personally, as it is not an attack on any one person, it simply that I was raised to race on the track, not the street and even though I play around on the street here and there, I know that the REAL skill of driving a car with the kind of power we all aspire to doesn't really count for much if you don't have that time slip in your hand to prove you know what you are doing with all that power.

Take it easy all,

Tanya

Tanya and I should be a good match-up as our ETA/Traps are very similar. Unfortunately she has quite the weight advantage, huh? :ack

So far my 'group' does NOT have to meet Sunday which means my probability of attending is near 100%.

Dan C.