new to forum

chevy69

Hello - I am new to this forum. I live in Chandler and this is my first Corvette. I just moved to AZ a little over a year ago from CO, and work at Intel. I have been involved with street rods and 50's cars for some time, and have a '38 dodge biz coupe I am building besides my '69 Vette.

Let me tell you a little about my car: It's a 1969 350HP/4spd coupe that I am in the process of doing a frame-off resto on. I bought the car from a guy that got it out of an estate sale, and it has been off the road for close to 20 yrs near as I can figure. It is complete and still has the original motor, and many other original parts. The whole car needs to be gone through, however, as it has sat for so long. There is some rust in the frame (not too bad) and the windsheild frame as the car spent it's early years in MN. The pockets behind the kick panels are in good shape, so the rust appears very manageable. The motor needs to be rebuilt. I need some advice on where to take my motor for a rebuild. I will pull it and take it in.

Just this weekend I got all 8 body mount bolts out (or off anyways :). I had a little help from mr. plasma cutter and mr. grinder. I am working through the various other "connection points" and hope to have the body removed in the next 2 weeks. I have a second frame that is already blasted and powder coated and will be rebuilding the chassis myself. I am looking for suggestions on where to get my paint and body work done.

The original carpet is bad and the seats need recovering and new foam (foam is breaking down). It's a lot of work, but I enjoy wrenching in the garage, so it's good therapy for a guy that has to sit at a desk all day long :) I am looking for a few parts along the way and am in need of a clean radiator core support, amongst other things. I look forward to getting to know this forum group and hopefully meeting many of you since it's a local forum. I can't wait to take that first drive when mine is back together (never say done ;) ) Attached is a pic of my car where I picked it up in Scottsdale in August'05.

post-2-1130174775.jpg

Welcome and great first post from a new member.

Hope to meet you some day, I live in Gilbert and drive in Chandler pretty frequently.

A few of the other members will chime in on where to get Body Work completed as well as Paint.

Good luck with the restoration and remember that some members love to work on Corvettes also. You might just have to provide the refreshments :drinkers and a little food :D

Phil... :devil

Welcome from another Chandler AZ member. I am over by Galveston and Hamilton on the east side of Chandler.

Nice to see another C3 in the group, and another car that is not black (inside joke, you'll figure it out). We have a few C3 owners and most of us do all our own work. Keith is in the middle of a resto on a 1972, and and I am always tinkering on my '80.

Post here in the forum if you need any help wrenching on the car or looking for parts.

Motor -- There is CBA engines in Chandler, right on Arizona Ave. They come recommended by another member in Chandler. They built his 383 for his 1984.

Paint and Body -- read some of the other posts in this area. I think there were some recommendations for other members getting car work done.

Hi Tom,

Great looking 69 you got to start with, love the color...

Like Bryan said, it's nice to have another non black vette around, and a C3 to boot... :thumbs

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :) I can't guarantee the color will remain the same on my '69, it was originally fathom green but I'm considering other options. Mostly Daytona Yellow, Lemans Blue and CanAm White. I will use a 1969 color, I just haven't made the final decision yet. And I will guarantee it will not be black :D Any suggestions?

The interior will remain black and stock. I plan to stick with stock rally rims. I want to run hooker headers w/ side pipes. Any recommendation on where to buy these? I have lots of catalogs, but always looking for someone that has found good service and pricing.

I plan to keep the original motor, 4 spd, etc... but may make a few upgrades like poly bushings, etc... as I rebuild the suspension. Having been into street rods I appreciate good technology when it comes along and don't mind using it if it's reversable (more for the next guy than me - which isn't a big concern of mine).

Since it's a non AC car I may add that as well - any recommendations on good AC kits? I'm guessing that this group knows AC better than anyone else in the country :yesnod

Thanks again for the warm welcome, and I promise all my posts won't be so long ;)

And I will guarantee it will not be black :D

Any suggestions?

:huh

:leaving

You have a tough choice for the color. I know mine would be easy. :D

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :) I can't guarantee the color will remain the same on my '69, it was originally fathom green but I'm considering other options. Mostly Daytona Yellow, Lemans Blue and CanAm White. I will use a 1969 color, I just haven't made the final decision yet. And I will guarantee it will not be black :D Any suggestions?

I'm partial to the blue, if my opinion counts. Although the color you have looks really good, too-not very common. Gotta love those sidepipes! Just watch your legs-owie! :banghead

Welcome to the gang-from another C3 owner. :howdy

Melissa

Make sure to fill out the poll a couple of threads down. The C3 are catching up

Welcom to the club.

Andrew