Hot Teams Race Nov 20th @ SW

HTRjohn

Howdy all,

AZ Vette members are invited to participate in the last HTR race of the year at SpeedWorld on Sunday Nov 205h. There are a limited number of spots open but I'm guessing that at least 3-5 more GM cars can run. Here are some details.

-Cost is normal club day entry: $20.00 to race.

-Heads up racing - vehicles are matched by your cars performance index (PI#)number. Go here to get your score: http://www.outrunu.com/Tech.html

All cars are required to be faster than 16.0et and you will probably need a performance index number of at least 60 to get a match for this race.

- Any mods or poweradders are allowed. No body stickers are allowed except OEM style stickers. Stickers on glass are OK.

- You will have only one race to run (in most cases) around 1:00pm. THe rest of the day is yours to test and tune as you like.

-You will compete on one of three teams (GM in this case) of GM, Ford or MOpar. You can earn up to 6 points for your team. Team with the most points wins.

3pts for the win light, 2pts for the best reaction time and 1pt for participation (a time slip).

- We are planning for about 10 - 15 cars per team.

- You can get more details here on the main web site or the web forum.

http://www.outrunu.com/

http://outrunu.com/HTRforum/phpBB2/index.php

Holler at me anytime with questions.

john

:burnout

is this for "stock" cars only or would something like the car below be allowed to race?

"No body stickers are allowed "

Would this affect you?

Hi Bryan,

Unfortunately that car as it sits would not work because of the stickers and hood. The car does not have to be stock by any means but some folks feel that stickers provide an unfair advantage. :D ..... or ah, something like that.

If you could find a hood and clean the stickers off the body panels you would be good to go. Stickers on the glass are ok.

I think about 60% of the listed cars in the program are street licensed and the rest race only.

I have never driven a Vega but just lookin at it the power to weight ratio has go to be scary on that thing. :thumbs

Hi Bryan,

Unfortunately that car as it sits would not work because of the stickers and hood. The car does not have to be stock by any means but some folks feel that stickers provide an unfair advantage.  :D  ..... or ah, something like that.

If you could find a hood and clean the stickers off the body panels you would be good to go. Stickers on the glass are ok.

I think about 60% of the listed cars in the program are street licensed and the rest race only.

I have never driven a Vega but just lookin at it the power to weight ratio has go to be scary on that thing.  :thumbs

Well, I do have a hood. The stickers I am not "attached" to, but I am not going to remove them all for the sake of this event. Some are actually covering holes (door lock and mirror holes).

I talked with speedworld and they said we could bring our own Corvette club out on the same day, so I think I may go that route instead.

Great, it'll be good to see you guys out there. There are several valley car clubs already signed up for Speedworlds club day and Hot Teams has been competing participants from just about every major domestic car club in the valley for the last five years. We accept matches up to 5 days before race day in case anyone would like to participate and most of our events are at speedworld.

Here are a few of the vehicles, off the top of my head, that we still have open spots to compete against.

- SRT-10 (bone stock)

- SRT-4 (modified)

- S/C 2004 Mustang (stock - pending signup)

- Lightning (mods)

- Dakota (several with mild mods to power adders)

and a few more.

I think we currently have one vette signed up to run, not sure it it is from here or not.

:burnout