NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Gas Prices

1EvilC5

I am in Dallas TX and paying $2.54 a gallon for Unleaded :D

What are the prices back in AZ? :mad

Phil... :devil

Maybe I should buy a tanker full and drive it back to AZ and sell it at AZ prices. I could possibly make some more Mod Money. :rolf

3,503 lbs of trouble
I am Dallas TX and paying $2.54 a gallon for Unleaded  :D

What are the prices back in AZ?  :mad

Maybe I should buy a tanker full and drive it back to AZ and sell it at AZ prices.  I could possibly make some more Mod Money. :rolf

I think QuikTrip in Tempe was like $2.69 for reg. unleded, but I'm not sure because I don't like to look.

I am Dallas TX and paying $2.54 a gallon for Unleaded  :D

What are the prices back in AZ?  :mad

Maybe I should buy a tanker full and drive it back to AZ and sell it at AZ prices.  I could possibly make some more Mod Money. :rolf

I think QuikTrip in Tempe was like $2.69 for reg. unleded, but I'm not sure because I don't like to look.

:withstupid it's not like we have a choice but to pay the prices! :cuss

$2.89 in Gila Bend, But we are always high. Just them trying to squeeze every penny out of the traveling public.. :mad

3,503 lbs of trouble
:crazy Just filled up the rental for $2.49 a gallon. :leaving

:crazy  :crazy  :crazy

I just can't bring myself to feel envy considering $2.49 per gallon is still too expensive in general. If it's over $2.00 a gallon, it's too much!

$2.55 at Costco in Tucson yesterday. Yah found the wrong spot Bryan!!! :P

Don't have a Costco membership, it was on my way out of town and I got paid $101.50 in mileage and only spent about $20 in gas.

:P

I just got back from Cali, going though Needles CA. I payed 3.30 a gal.I put in just enough to get to Barsto where it was 2.78 a gal..

Hey did you all hear?

Seems that the annual reports are coming in from the big gas companies like BP. Poor guys, they only made about 9 billion in profits! :cuss

But the oil companies do not set the prices............ :yesnod

huh? how do you figure they do not set the prices?

if they don't, who does?

Guest azmusclecar

Quote:

[F]ederal and state taxes on gasoline production and imports have been climbing steadily since the late 1970s and now total roughly $58.4 billion. Due in part to substantial hikes in the federal gasoline excise tax in 1983, 1990, and 1993, annual tax revenues have continued to grow. Since 1977, governments collected more than $1.34 trillion, after adjusting for inflation, in gasoline tax revenues?more than twice the amount of domestic profits earned by major U.S. oil companies during the same period:

I would say you can thank the Liberal conservationists for setting the price. If the oil companies were allowed to drill and build more refineries, you wouldn't be paying what you are. It's supply and demand. Read up on how many refineries were operating back in the 70's versus the 90's. The less gasoilne refined HERE means we need to go elsewhere to get gasoline and thus you go into the GLOBAL MARKET with the new China that is mass producing cars now

And you can also thank the government for all the taxes added to gasoline........so if you think the oil companies just set the price.......please......there are other contributing players in THE MARKET......................and that is who sets the price.

Guest azmusclecar

If we as a country ever hope to become less dependant on foreign oil, then you had better hope this bill in Congress gets passed. Take time and read who is against the oil companies..........and think.........what are the oil companies going to do with all those profits? MAYBE DRILL FOR MORE OIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unless the government takes all their profits away and pisses that money away on more wasteful programs.

This is a quote I took form a Reuters Story.............on Yahoo in case you want the whole article.

ANWR sprawls across 19 million acres, about the size of South Carolina. Republicans have sought to pry open the refuge to energy exploration for more than two decades, while Democrats and environmental groups have argued that Congress should focus on stricter energy conservation measures.

Under both Senate and House drilling plans, the refuge's 1.5 million-acre coastal plain would be opened for energy exploration, but no more than 2,000 acres of the surface area could be covered by production and support facilities, such as airstrips and piers to hold up pipelines.

The close vote in the Senate on striking the ANWR provision may make it difficult for the chamber to accept in a final budget bill the House's proposal to open offshore waters to drilling where energy exploration is now banned.

Guest azmusclecar

I just thought I would update this last posting. With gas prices going down I didn't expect many replies to this. To update: The bill to allow drilling in ANWR was killed..........so instead of the oil companies INVESTING those HUGE PROFITS into drilling and refineries, we are left in the same situation, vulnerable to foreign oil markets instead of becoming more self reliant. :toetap

And even if the government taxes the hell out of the big oil companies for their windfall profits...................you won't see a dime of it refected at the pump. :mad

Save your nickels and dimes and dollars..............the next catastrophic event is just ahead................ when California has a major quake that knocks out refineries or the pipeline......, look out AZ......you'll be seeing prices like we have never seen before..........eek

And now..............a word from our sponsor.....................Chevron with Techron :P