Cruise-In VII - it's time to start planning

Togo

thread over at CF http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread...VII&forum_id=15

who's goin - i already have the vacation time "claimed" for 2 weeks off so I'm covered!

who's gonna caravan with me - come on, don't make me go alone! :toetap

Go ahead and get reservations for the Baymont. I know it's like $90 a night, but it's "the place". Either that or the Hampton. Anywhere else is a long drunk walk and not worth it.

Make your reservations now - they don't cost anything and can be canceled.

i just want to know if anyone else is SERIOUSLY considering going to this!

i know you went last year, and said you didn't plan on attending this year, is that still true for you?

i just want to know if anyone else is SERIOUSLY considering going to this!

i know you went last year, and said you didn't plan on attending this year, is that still true for you?

Pretty darn sure I am not going this year.

I already sold the trailer so I have no room for gear. I suppose I could buy another trailer real cheap and use it and sell it again.

Besides, it was 2 full weeks of vacation time. That was a big dent in my time off plans. I hope next year to spread that over a bunch of 3-4 day weekends and do some racing in Vegas or L.A.

well hopefully i get some takers from the 200+members we have on this site - but like we keep saying - the same 10-20 people can be called regulars - where the hell are the other 180+ people? :bs

and on that note - i think i recruited another LT1 for our group - at a buddys apartment complex i ran into a guy (forgot his name) and gave him the link to the site and he said he didn't really know anybody in town, so i venture to say he'll show up ;) and it would be nice to have another LT1 in the group YELLOW no less :burnout

3,503 lbs of trouble
well hopefully i get some takers from the 200+members we have on this site - but like we keep saying - the same 10-20 people can be called regulars - where the hell are the other 180+ people? :bs

I thought one of the best parts of this group was the fact that there is no mandatory attendance, yet people who have no interest in actively participating get grief. Who cares? It's their loss. We are here and hospitable if they want to join in, and if not, oh well, so what?

well hopefully i get some takers from the 200+members we have on this site - but like we keep saying - the same 10-20 people can be called regulars - where the hell are the other 180+ people?  :bs

I thought one of the best parts of this group was the fact that there is no mandatory attendance, yet people who have no interest in actively participating get grief. Who cares? It's their loss. We are here and hospitable if they want to join in, and if not, oh well, so what?

i know i know - i'm just trying to spark a little fire and see if i can help draw some more of the newbies and/or veteran members to come back out and play!

you are correct, that is what makes this group great - no attendance or dues required!

however, it does confuse me - what draws the people her to sign up after all?

for me it's about the gatherings (or get togethers or whatever you want to call them) as i keep saying - this group is really about FOOD, FOLKS, and FUN! (insert BEER in that lineup where ever you may so choose)

so my "bashing" as it may seem is all in good fun, just trying to stir up some new (and old) participation! :drinkers

3,503 lbs of trouble
so my "bashing" as it may seem is all in good fun, just trying to stir up some new (and old) participation! :drinkers

I can understand that. Sadly, they are the ones missing out. This group is a blast!

I can understand that. Sadly, they are the ones missing out. This group is a blast!

i'll drink to that!

:drinkers

I'll be neck deep in baby poo. I kept saying I'd go but never went, o'well. Maybe when the kid gets older.

Keith

I'm still a couple of years away from going. Have to get the youngest into college $$$ and then recuperate. So count me out for a couple more years... :cuss

• 5 weeks later...
found another thread relatnig to cruise in -

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread...92&forum_id=103

i'm really trying to spark more interest - COME ON GUYS AND GALS - don't make me go alone  - i'm scared! :leaving

Considering it's CFOT first hand, I'd be scared too!

i DO admire bryan for making the trek alone - i would have never done that - in fact, if we don't get more people goin, i probably won't go either! :(

Hell I'd love to go...though I have no clue where I'll be in May, much less if I have any $$$'s left to play with.

But I'll definitely keep it in mind. There's a good chance I may be in Denver finishing up my 737/CRJ Type rating about then, but if possible and I'm done by then, that would be a cool way to celebrate that milestone!!!

MH

found another thread relatnig to cruise in -

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread...92&forum_id=103

i'm really trying to spark more interest - COME ON GUYS AND GALS - don't make me go alone  - i'm scared! :leaving

Considering it's CFOT first hand, I'd be scared too!

Yeah who likes that weird bunch.... :willy

you're such a clown :leaving

i've seen your share of posts in OT - don't try to deny it! :willy

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone in for sure ?

I am mulling it over but I would fly....

:howdy

Things always change.

I might be there next year.

But, there is a good chance I will be living in Nashville by this time next year too. :leaving

The CF site wouldn't load. So what's to do there besides eat, drink and BS :drinkers ?

autocross - drag race - burnout contests - and of course DRINKING and BSing -

i also plan on enjoying the long stretch of road between here and there - and being able to put a face with some of the names in CF!

The CF site wouldn't load. So what's to do there besides eat, drink and BS :drinkers ?

I had a lot of fun last year at the Cruise In.

For Wed - Saturday each night is a chance to get together with a lot of other Vette fanatics to sit and eat, drink and :bs.

Some helpful hints for you that are going.

It's a long drive. 2 days if you haul ass and drive all the time. 3 days is a better bet.

Stay at the Baymont Inn, that is where all nightly activities happen. If you can't get in there, then stay at the Hampton Inn right next door.

Roscoe's BBQ is the best food available out there - order all the meals from him that you can.

Bring a chair and maybe even one of those folding foot rests / tables. That way you have a place to sit and a place to put your food.

Bring a cooler and a big mug if beer drinking is your thing, they have kegs on tap there.

Either enter, or go to watch the autocross and drag racing.

The group dinner put on by the Museum is pricey - you may be better off going to a place in town with some of your new found friends.

Make sure to sign up for the Corvette Plant tour on Wed or Thursday. They usually are not open on Friday before Memorial day. Make sure to bring long pants and regular shoes for the tour (no sandals).

See the pictures from 2005 at http://arizonavette.net/events/CI6web/index.htm